CAn some one help me find a WTBTS court case

by LennaB 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LennaB
    LennaB

Hi hello, can anyone help me find a recording of the WTBTS being on trial and admitting to their followers believing in a false prophecy. They said the reason they had their followers believe this was "unity at all costs" I've heard the audio on a few videos online, but have not been able to find the actual source of the clip. I've seen trnscripts as well (though not official). Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sorry I have never heard of this before. Why do you need it?

Kate xx

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

LennaB, search the forum for "unity at all costs" using the quote marks, and you'll perform a phrase search that brings up relevant results. Or just search for "Walsh trial".

• LennaB
    LennaB

@KateWild, I have newly exited the cult and would like every shred of evidence that I am making the right decision. Hopefully I'll be able to make help others by showing this to them as well.

@Apognophos Thank you so much!! :)

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

From one bat-winged creature to another, glad to help. Even though the trial was a long time ago, statements like "unity at all costs" make it clear that the priority of the religion has always been on following the leadership wherever they may lead, as shown by the recent WT article where we were told to heed any directions from the GB even if they seemed illogical. I wrote a long post about the problems with that lesson here (see the later posts for some corrections to it): http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/270604/1/Witnesses-Why-The-1-19-14-WT-Lesson-Is-Dangerous

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I believe is was an 1954 trial where Franz or someone admitted that. The posters 'Terry' or 'blondie' might know, try private messaging them.

• Pterist
  • Giordano
    Giordano

A. That was the publication of a false prophesy, it was a false statement or an erronious statement in fulfilment of a prophesy that was false or erroneous.

Q. And that had to be believed by the whole of Jehovah's Witnesses?

A. Yes, because you must understand we must have unity, we cannot have disunity with a lot of people going every way, an army is supposed to march in step.

While this took place in 1954 this is still inforced by the Society so as they flip flop on what they say they believe no protest should be allowed and should one happen that person can be DF. Two years later the Society changes it's mind and goes back to what they believed what the protester believed......don't wait for that phone call inviting the protester back in. The protester is dead to the Society because they failed the 'march in step' rule!

• KateWild
    KateWild

LennaB,

Congrats for newly exiting WT. You are doing the right thing by doing as much research as you possibly can. It's different for all of us as to what will be the final piece of information to keep us safe out of the cult. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit