Do you have a big mouth? I do!

by stillin 9 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

I stopped to visit a sister at the hospital yesterday. (I'm a guy) her husband is having a health crisis of his own and I figured that if he got to the hospital to sit with her, he was doing miserably. What I heard was that she had had a stroke and these people would really be up against the wall if she got "shut down,"

So, the door to the room was closed so I knocked and a nurse said that she was about to take some tests but that I could have a very brief visit. She swung the door open and the sister was bare-breasted in bed. She covered up quickly and we had a nice visit. She assured me that she wa doing fine and she certainly seemed fine. The last thing I said was, "I'm glad to see that you are still perky!" and I walked on out the door with the nurse's smile etched into my brain.

i seem to have a knack for saying that "just right thing."

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

A mere slip of the tongue, my dear.

A Freudian slip.

A clanger.

Happens to the best of us.

• losingit
    losingit

LOL!!!

• prologos
    prologos

I can not resist expressing a wayward connection in my neurons, that constantly seem to be popping up. no matter what.

A long time ago (my family is into architecture), I was discussing kitchen layout with a lady of means, and it came down to the broom closed location.

I blurted out: "of course in earlier times one might have called that the garage or the hangar." after a short silence I realized the lady was not pleased.

and I had by no means meant it personally.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have learned to just about stop things coming out of my mouth, if necessary. But so often really naughty ones pop in to my mind, and I just have to laugh to myself.

More often than not though, as I am with some broad minded , non, and never JW friends mostly, I just say what I am thinking, and get a good laugh.

The other day I came out with a real outrageous one, in mixed company, some real "old dears" present, can't remember exactly what, but I know I hesitated for a milli-second, then said it anyway, just as my good friend had taken a sip of his Wine, which proceeded to come down his nose as he laughed so much. He said "Ouch ! That hurt ! " LOL

• stillin
    stillin

I have been told that I need to get fitted for a filter for my mouth. but I don't use much profanity and I enjoy the shock effect. Too much to stop now!

• jam
    jam

I told the young lady (receptionist at the dentist), it's been a while

since I have seen you. Where you sick. And then I said , Oh I see

you are pregnant. She smiled and said I just pick up a little weight.

My wife heard what I said and she let me have it, you got

a big mouth, think before you speak, and apologize big mouth.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The truly polite thing we'd be to say: " Sorry Sir, " and stay out till she covered herself...

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@HamsterBait ---> Sorry Sir???

Don't you mean, "Sorry mam(s) ??? lol

LL

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

You just got flustered after the seeing the sight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit