144,000 Jewish Christians

by Chris Tann 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

Correct the 144,000 were sealed in the1st century and have ruled with Jesus in his KIngdom ever since. All things were fulfilled in that 1st century. The signs of the times were for ONE time only. The Great Tribulation they were facing was never to be repeated accordingto Jesus and just as the OT prophets had pointed to , Messiah prohesied about and those who lived in that generation were expecting and Messiah kept his promise to them. He came back for them. There is no dual fulfillment or types and shadows of what happened.They all ended with Christ. He rules in his KIngdom. In revelation the angel told John not to seal up the words of the scroll inrev 21 or 22 because the time was at hand.If itwas not for 2000 years later the scroll would have been sealed up. The end time churhces have it all wrong and are teaching a deception either knowingly or unknowingly. All things were for that 1st century generation. Even revelation was to the seven churches Asia not to the churhc of doo lally in brooklyn

• designs
    designs

If that is true why has Jesus and his 144,000 allowed and caused the murder of millions of humans in his name.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

Please clarify. You need to have that out with Messiah he will teach you himself all things and you will see

• prologos
    prologos

Chris Tann, right, Dan was great at idolatry and quitting his territory Ephraim chanpioned the political split (they won the referendum that Scotland did'nt.) nut its easy for us, not WT.

The 12 (not14) tribes are the general population, and the KING PRIESTS come out from among them as Rev.7 says 13 times "OUT of"

emember too, that originally the priests should have come from the firstborn of ALLand every one the tribes, until Moses AAron diverted all the funds to their family coffers. but

Wt writers will not admit, that already they teach that the general Christian population, not just the 188K are spiritual israelites, the tribes whereof the "sealed ones' come from.

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

Give me just a little more time (lol) I agree with what you are saying about the sign, the tribulation and Revelation. I tend to think that a preterist understanding of the greek scriptures is accurate. Also, designs, I see where you are coming from. Jesus has been ruling since around 70c.e , why has he not eliminated war ,death,violence...etc. However, the scriptures do imply that the Kingdom will gradually take over the earth. But I don't know if that's really the truth or not about the matter.

• designs
    designs

Chris- Now givemen says there is no "gap" in Jesus doing things these past 2000 years, he even says there is no more "death" for the believer, do you agree.

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

No, I can't agree with that. Christian believers have been suffering and dieing since Jesus' death. Regardless if they are going to live in heaven after death, they still have to suffer violence, injustice, disease, misery, deep emotional pain, so on and so forth. Jesus said that those who believe will NEVER have to die AT ALL. also he would eliminate death. If this just means some spiritual sickness and death then that's a pretty sad hope.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In Revelations the 144K are depicted as alive at the time of the tribulation since a few things happen to them and they survive the locusts etc. The great crowd is depicted as dead and having to wait a while longer since more are to be added to them chapter 4 or 5. And no the 144K do not rule with christ revelations 5:9-10 talk about ones reigning as priest not kings on the earth and not over it. And if you read verse 9 carefully you'll see it the greatcrowd being talked about and not just the 144k. givemejustalittlemoretime, you need to ask the messiah to teach you better.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Chris, I see your point. I have read these excerpts of Scripture myself and wondered a similar thing when I believed the bible was from God.

I do think that Jewish converts have priority in the scriptures. But I also think that many scriptures point to non Jews being annoited too, like Cornelius for example.

Where I stand now. I think the bible is written by different men and gives different messages to different people. It's not a guide for my life anymore. I don't believe it's from God.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit