Do You Think All JWs Believe Whatever Their Religion Teaches?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

CultBGone, Good point!

The need to belong and the corresponding social pressure to conform are powerful forces that keep people in a group in spite of the negative consequences.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I doubt they really understand the "truths" outlined by the Watchtower.

That's on the mark.

Most JWs DO NOT KNOW what their religion teaches.

How can they believe it?

Doc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......................................Most JWs don`t "Know/Understand" what They Believe..But..

.......................................................................JWs Support The WBT$..

...............................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OUTLAW, you pegged it RIGHT ON!

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of people are in a religion

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of people are in a religion but just because they are, it's not simply because they believe everything the religion teaches. They want to be accepted and feel as if they belong.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I believed what the JW's taught until I no longer believed.

There came a time I could no longer believe the world was going to end in 1975.

At that time I was no longer a JW.

I never choose to believe anything about JW's, I was born in.

It took me 31 years to figure how to get out, before computers, mass media and the information

age.

Looking back at my youth in the organization.

I can see people were in for various reasons.

Some were born in and trapped like I was

and others saw it as a social organization a weekly coffee club.

I remember many would go out to Dennys or some place like it after the meetings

and have a big get togetther every week.

Kind of like Bikers going to bike night on Wednesdays.

Or car enthusiast going to car shows.

I really don't know what the witnesses believe anymore.

They have changed so much since I was one.

But I bet they still believe they are right and everybody else is wrong and going to hell in a handbasket.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

minimus - "Do you think all JWs believe whatever their religion teaches?"

The answer is "yes" and "no" at the same time. There's soft-core "belief" and then there's full-on hard-core "Belief", if you catch my drift.

I'd say that most JWs have "belief", but only a few have "Belief".

x

However, the degree of "belief" is immaterial; what matters to the average rank-and-file JW is loyalty and obedience to the WTS; actual "belief" comes a distant second.

Why else do you think they ask the Loyalty Question? http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/164374/1/The-Loyalty-Question

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Good question, I use to sit and wonder how many in my cong have doubts. I myself dont believe much of it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I think many JWs have reservations on some of the WT doctrinal changes, but are careful not to voice those doubts for obvious reasons.

"Oh well, they still are the closest thing to Bible teaching even if they are not perfect."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit