Forcing child to watch JW.org kid's videos?

by Darth Fader The Sequel 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

We recently were visiting lifelong friends of ours in another state. These people are UBER-devoted JW's. I mean they are prototypical "Witness Zombies" who do exactly what the GB tell them to without fail and always with a smile on their face. But, they also happen to be some of the most genuinely kind and loving and generous people we know. They truly do live the kind of loving life that Jesus showed us too. It is possible to be both Zombies and good people.

Anyhow, these folks are always looking after the wayward and "lost sheep" in their congregation. Helping these people out with money, food, child care, rides here and there. Whatever they can do. All genuine. So, a young single mother who works full time has made it a habit of dropping off her young daughter (2-3 years old) to be babysat a couple of days a week. These friends of ours are basically surrogate grandparents to this little girl.

The little girl has all the signs of being a child with emotional issues from having a single mother (who is a ding bat), no father, and is shuffled off to various babysitters all week long. Our friends do their best to give her some stability. Their house is filled with toys and games and child furniture, etc. They make her eat properly and take naps at a regular time and try to insert some normalcy in her chaotic life.

Well, I give you that long-winded preamble to be able to tell you what I saw that really, really bothered me. One morning the little girl wanted to watch cartoons on the iPad as is normal and acceptable. BUT!!! When she picked up the iPad and began to dial up a cartoon channel for herself, the "grandmother" tells her in no uncertain terms (and it was said in a way that made me know this was a regular rule of the house) "You *have to* watch a couple of the Caleb videos on JW.org before you can watch your other cartoons." I watched, silently, as the child made a disappointed face and then she begrudgingly began watching the Caleb video.

The whole episode (plus several other things that were said, seen and/or happened while we were there) made me get an instant knot in my gut. To see blatant mind control tactics being used on a little baby girl right in front of my face, however well-intentioned they may be, was just another leap forward in my resolve to get myself and my little family away from this cult. As much as we love these family friends and as much as they truly love us, we have to distance ourselves from them steadily. I cannot risk my kids getting these sort of doses of mind control.

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Before I woke up, I thought Caleb and Sophia were amazing.

Now that I know TTATT that s*** creeps me out.

I'm so lucky I was born in the 90s and wasn't exposed to this trash.

There is now an abundance of indoctrination in the homes of uber-dub parents thanks to this.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Between the violent imagery of the My Book of Bible Stories (which I do not allow my children to look at) and the slick "obey and be blessed" indoctrination of the Caleb videos, plus the Zombie Witnesses pushing JW.org all day every day...... it is overwhelming how much a kid can get screwed up before they even have a chance to develop their own minds.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

At least if your kids watch Caleb videos they won't learn anything about Jesus Christ. He is never mentioned, except ONCE as the "rub-a -dub " formula for ending prayers. (They'd get rid of that too if they dared...)

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

It's good that she was disappointed as she "has" to watch it.

Worse would be if she said with a happy face "Can I watch the Caleb cartoons?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, the Caleb cartoons are along the lines of, "eat your vegetables!". Nature will take it's course.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't know--- I used to hate broccoli and now I love it. Same for a few other things. Cooked a little differently than my mom did (boilling veg todeath ando overcooking steak), I love things I loathed as a child.

So, while its good that she isn't eagerly going for the caleb crapola, YET, that is what brainwashing is for, right? So that she WILL go to it all eagerly ad think it is as wonderful as her foster gramma.

• BU2B
    BU2B

It is frustrating isn't it? it's sad to see good hearted people trapped in this merciless cult and worse to see young children be slowly indoctrinated. The good news is it can be reversed much easier in children before the teen years.

• flipper
    flipper

DARTH- Interesting experience. For sure man- protect your kids from this mind control. It's insidious at best, criminal at worst. WT Society is devious in how they use these adults to mind control kids with Caleb cartoons. Amazing

• WILDSHISHA
    WILDSHISHA

Caleb's ENTHUSIASM was shot down by his Mother's words. When i saw this, my stomach turned and i quit watching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit