Infant has "bloodless" surgery

by Dogpatch 22 Replies latest jw friends

• promqueennot
    promqueennot

Xandit,
    (OOPS SORRY! I SPELLED YOUR NAME WRONG!)

• promqueennot
    promqueennot

Xandit,

One more thing! Please don't hate me and I don't mean to "bash" you, but you said "larc I wouldn't say changed beyond recognition. Fundamental doctrines like trinity, soul, hell, etc. haven't changed."

Soul: In Psalms I believe that it states plainly (am I wrong?) -- the soul itself never dies. Is this going to be yet another "new light"? (phew, what a relief to JW kids)

And, what? The blood abstinence was NOT a fundamental doctrine??? Excuse me a little bit, but it better have been! I put my life on the line for that one.

At the rate JWs are going with their 'new lights', they should be Catholics in no time!!

Thanks xandit for keeping me on my toes!
    Monica

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Monica,

One thing I've learned in discussing all this stuff - a lot is fundamental until challenged and/or changed. Then it's slid over and New Light emerges.

If "abstain" doesn't mean "abstain" then who's to say what "fundamental" means?

I thought all our beliefs were based upon the Bible, therefore, fundamental to Bible truths. That would include when the WTBTS GB acts "prophet-like" and utters "prophecies-like". I also thought that 1914 was a fundamental teaching.

Without 1914, abstaining from blood, and the 144,000 - what makes our fundamental teachings different from all other religions? Zip.

Others believe in not going to war, no trinity, no eternal soul, no hellfire. A LOT of others believe the end is coming *soon.*

What fundamental means to some - doesn't make it necessarily so 6 months from now.

I didn't know that all the time I was a jw for 30 years - or just didn' figure it out soon enough.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit