I received my invite to the convention today.

by smiddy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

A lone guy casually dressed with no tie knocked on the door and my son took him for a salesman , didnt answer the door and he soon left , he also noticed he put something in our letterbox as he left.

Checking it out it was a flyer for the Jehovahs Witness convention which is a good 4-4 and a half hour drive from here where I live.

Do they honestly think a householder who lives close to 4-5 hours away is going to go to a religous convention , when they have continously rejected the message in their own home town ?

Ok , so they are thinking , its advertising the convention to a far wider community in the state..... Excuse me ?

This particular convention is being held at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne in Oct.What has happened in previous conventions around australia , newspapers print special edditions to assemblys covering such conventions , however the rest of the state gets zero exposure to the assembly.

However the gullible rank and file think what a grand witness has been given with all this publicity . Sorry think again , nobody outside of the convention knows or cares what took place during the said assembly .

Maybe the local newspaper will make a comment on the delegates going to a convention , however is that any different from them commenting on other religions going to their respective services ?

How does that exalt Jehovahs Witnesses above other religions as being the true religion ?

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Keeps the poor buggers busy.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The devil makes work for idle hands, apparently.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just a waste of everyone's time. If someone is too busy placing these wastes of paper, they will not be able to focus on other, more important things. Not on financial security. Not on learning a skill, perhaps to barter with or to be a bit more self sufficient. Not on getting their emergency blackout kits together. Not on that they are soon going to be hounded to remain unmarried if they are not currently married, or alternatively forced to marry someone that they are totally not attracted to and then stuck with. Not on their damnation.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

No tie?! He's gone rogue!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Well, it is AUSTRALIA, right? Other countries allow for some variation in approved JW dress according to local standards. Isn't Australia all about beer and surfing and swimsuits and stuff? Do they SELL ties in Australia?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

wtf jwdaughter? That sounds racist against my pepole. We are a fully developed western country.

@Smiddy, I would be interested to know if they will give those invites out all over Australia. That would truly prove that it's just pointless busywork. Like anyone would travel from somewhere like Mt Isa for a cult meeting! Even diehard Jws would find that challenging

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks JWdaughter!....

I know that us Aussies are a little simple...but we know what a tie is... It's what we use to shoo away flies and feral kangaroos....right?

Yes, this tract is being distributed all over the country, even in places that are 12 hours away by car from the venue!

How do you spell STUPID??

• KateWild
    KateWild

even in places that are 12 hours away by car from the venue!-Stuck

Wow that is so unbelieveable. It's rediculous to expect anyone to do this, the invitations are quite clearly just advertising and have nothing to do with wanting the general public to be saved and come to learn about the true religion. If God wanted people to learn he would make it easier.

On the Mount of olives, before Jesus gave his famous sermon, he healed the sick so they were comfortable and could listen. That's if you believe the account, but by any stretch of the imagination, inviting strangers to a venue so far away is not spriritally productive.

Kate xx

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Smiddy a strange thing happened here the other day with regards to convention invitations. I live on the Central Coast of NSW, lo and behold I checked my letter box and what did I find, an invite to the convention at the Etihad Stadium at Docklands in Melbourne, hello what the hell, do they seriously think that people are going to take time off work and spend a lot of money on flights, accommodation and meals just to go to this event, they must be crazy. The last lot of invitations I did was July 2013 and our congregation have

never in all the years I was mixed up with this cult did we offer invites to conventions other than the closet one which would have been held in Sydney. This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I thought someone was fooling with me from my ex cong but I soon see other invites dumped on the ground around the letter boxes , so everyone got them. Wonder what they will do next?

Lozza Aussie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit