Anyone here at the Natick Mass Assembly Hall dedication in the early 70's

by sparky1 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sparky1
    sparky1

Anyone here remember the talk given by Nathan Knorr at the dedication of the new Natick Massachusetts assembly hall in the early 70's? As I recall he went on and on about young people and newly baptised ones claiming to be of the 'anointed remnant' and castigating and berating anyone who thought that they might be of the 'anoined class'. "There are no new remnant!" he flatly stated since the 'door to the heavenly calling was closed' in the mid 30's. He doubted any newcomers claim to being one of the remnant since Jehovah would choose any replacements for the unfaithful from among the 'other sheep' who had a lifetime record of service to Jehovah already built up. I even knew of a newly baptised brother who claimed to be of the 'remnant' and the elders tried to talk him out of it on many occasions. He used to tell me about it when we went out in service. At any rate, how the hell does the modern day Governing Body justify in their minds 'inviting' Mark Sanderson (who would have been 12 0r 13 years old at the time of this talk) and Anthony Morris 3rd (who would have been baptised only 2 or 3 years at the time of this talk) to become one of their members? The thought of this just boggles my mind! I am 59 years old and basically a born in and I have seen alot but to me this just 'takes the cake'.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Simple, they do not address it at all. Many of the JWs today are virtually unaware of any doctrines pre-dating 1990 so there is really no need to discuss it. Myself being a born in I was not aware of many of these events and doctrines developing around me as I grew up. When the 1995 Generation change it that really started my doubts to surface.

I know of a few MS's in my cong and even a few elders who were not even JW's when that happened and I am in the US. I would imagine with the growth that took place in the 1990's because of Russia and other places that there are many in responsible positions in the org that simply do not know what was previously taught unless they research it themselves.

Short answer... the the Rank and File in general have no clue about it.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

At one circuit assembly, the visiting Bethel speaker in the late 1980's went on and on about there being no new anointed and if you think you are you are mistaken. lol

Try telling that to two (2) wacko's at our Hall. lol In time the female regular pioneer was DF'd and the Elder bro ended up dying in a hospital with dementia.

LL

• minimus
    minimus

I was there but didn't really get into his talk. Lol

• sir82
    sir82

That's funny - in the July 15 WT, Gerrit Losch tells his life story, including his "heavenly calling" which he says happened in the late 60's. Had ol' Nathan known of Gerrit's existence back then (he was a mere lowly Austrian pioneer back then) Knorr probably would have had him DF'ed.

• Perry
    Perry

Very interesting. Thanks for that post Sparky. Few modern JW's are aware of how they were thrown under the bus by their leaders:

YOU ARE NOT JUSTIFIED

The ...“other sheep”, [non 144,000] are in a different condition. …They are still human

creatures, not even justified, - Wt. 38 p.104, 105

JEHOVAH IS NOT YOUR FATHER

“he is not yet giving the ‘other sheep’ the standing of sons….

they address him prospectively as ‘Our Father’.” - Wt. 8/15/45 p. 253

JESUS IS NOT YOUR MEDIATOR

in a “strict Biblical sense Jesus is the ‘mediator’ only for anointed

Christians.” [The 144,000] - Wt.4/1/79 p. 31

This creates a problem for Jehovah's Witnesses: Roman 3: 10 says that "there is no one righteous , no not one." And, 1 Cor. 6: 9 & 10 reads: Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? And, Jesus told Nicodemus 3 TIMES that you have to be born-again (be justified) to either "see" or "enter" the Kingdom of God. So, without being one of the annointed, a person cannot inherit, see or enter the Kingdom.

This obviously applies to everyone. To prove the point: The "great crowd" or tribulation survivors (as Christians generally refer to them) in Rev. 7 had ALREADY "washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb" - the white robes are an indication of their righteous standing through their new covenant membership.

"Therefore, those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation." - Romans 8: 1 NWT

The ONLY way to be "in union with Jesus" is through the New Covenant, also known as the blood covenant - the payment price for our personal sins. The watchtower leaders tricked people into essentially choosing condemnation as opposed to a full pardon on judgment day.

In other words, witnesses now reject Jesus' "gospel of salvation" ..... in the name of Jesus, of course.

"you heard the word of truth, the good news about your salvation. After you believed, you were sealed: - Eph 1: 13 NWT

• designs
    designs

Perry's little sermon....

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I was there, I was 20-21 yrs old. That talk caused quite a stir in my congo because we had several young noobs who claimed to be of the annointed class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit