Is truth relative?

by Pinku 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pinku
    Pinku

Seeing various/changing/conflicting laws on the same action in different countries, some may feel truth is relative, and there is no such thing as right and wrong.

Yet a closer look beneath the details would show that truth is not relative, and everyone KNOWS what is right and wrong.

Driving in the night by putting the head-lights off is wrong, but right when country is in war with another country. Behind both the conflicting laws, the truth is same: safety and welfare of the people. This is true of notion about what is right and wrong:

Whatever contributes to the welfare of all is right.

Whatever contributes to the harm to person/s is wrong.

Interestingly, this is what exactly books on communication with the spirit world too confirm. [Nowadays plenty of books are available on this subject] Communication with spirit world is no longer a grand-mother tale. When asked how he could make some landmark judgments, the former Apex Court Judge of India Mr. V R Krishna Iyer (who was also the Marxist Part’s Presidential Candidate in the 80’s) gave credit to the spirits with whom he used to communicate. (http://www.amazon.in/Wandering-Many-Worlds-An-Autobiography/dp/8131718352) Recently, I read in the newspaper, another High Police Official who was appointed to investigate a very high-profile murder case too gave credit to the spirit of the murdered person in helping him with vital missing links that led into the arrest of the murderer. Hence communication with spirit world is an art some people develop, and they all speak of the same truth, same sense of notion of right and wrong as existing even in other universes!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is truth relative?.....Pinku

.............................Only if your Peddling Bullshit..

.......This is the 2nd time you plugged Mr. V R Krishna Iyer`s Book..

....................A follower of " Transcendental Meditation "..

I`m not knocking meditation..But.."TM" is More than a Little Fraudulent..

.................................................So..

................................Are you Follower of "TM"?..

........................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

To me, truth is absolute,

I have a mathematical, logical mind.

2 + 3 = 5.

That is truth.

The universe functions on precise math.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Pinku. Good luck on your journey.

DD

• sunny23
    sunny23

Pinku, I agree with some of your points but some of them are "absolutes" that do not accomodate for all moral situations. What is good for the well-being of one could be harmful to the wellbeing of another. Example: A crazy man breaks into your house and proceeds to beat to death your daughter in order to rape her, you come in and hit him over the head with a bat and he dies. According to what you say, that action of defending your families life and your daughter from being raped is WRONG:

Whatever contributes to the welfare of all is right.

Whatever contributes to the harm to person/s is wrong.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

The truth for human civilization is profit. Everything else is legally arranged to serve the truth. Protecting people is secondary, protecting people at times protects profit and wealth creation. Wealth creation, protection and acquisition drives the whole. Currency, that is promissary notes and credit merely fuels the engine and offsets attention to confuse wealth with money, when they are entirely different things.

There is no wrong in the pursuit of profit for its top magicians and wizards.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I believe that there is an objective reality. As such, I believe there are truths that can be learned about that reality. Or, more consisely put, reality is the metric used to determine truth. Things that corrispond with reality are true. Things that are in conflict with reality are false.

I have seen absolutely zero evidence that supports that spirits are part of reality.

• smiddy
    smiddy

berrygerry

To me, truth is absolute,

2 + 3 = 5.

That is truth

I`m just throwing in a curve here , could interpretation of what someone is saying , trying to say , or write ? make a difference ?

What if someone interpretated that as 2 and a 3 put together , a "plus" sign and an "and" meaning the same thing.?

You could end up with a result of 23

I`m not trying to be a smart arse , just saying.

smiddy

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The Statement is FALSE:-

If the above statement is FALSE is true,it is also a TRUE statement:

So TRUTH is never black and white, it is something in between.

• Pinku
    Pinku

DATA-DOG

You are welcome for wishing me “Good luck on my journey.” I believe in such good wishes!”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit