Saturday morning field service is a joke

by hoser 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The "car captain" if they still call it that, would assign a couple doors to people and the rest of us would sit in the van talking.........................

.......................................JW`s can`t Find a Door on a House without Some Help?!!..

..........................I Looked For the Door...........................................JW CAR CAPTAIN..

..............................It Wasn`t There.................................WILL HELP YOU FIND THE DOOR!!..

............................................................................................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

It was an eye-opener when the CO (Azar) openly made allowance for breakfast breaks during the meeting for field service, "getting your vitamin T for the morining (convenience store tacos)" he called it. Geesh, it looked like he ate them all!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I wake up every Sunday and take a few moments to reflect on how fantastic it is that I don't have to get ready to do field serve-us. I used to despise it. Even when i believed in the organization i always knew that the current format of field serve-us was completely ineffective one.

When i take the bus home, and i'm waiting at the station, there is park right in front of it, and usualy there are a few JWs preaching there. The lack of motivation is glaring; there is a winding path that goes through and around the park and the JWs walk in a group of 3 or 4 as slow as they can continuously on that path, even though the majority of the people around are not there. They just slowly make their way around again and again and on a rare occation they hand a piece of littera-trash to someone walking by.

Nobody in their right mind would think of this as urgent work.

• suavojr
    suavojr

And you guys have not even mentioned how even in the US we have territory that is hardly preached.

• suavojr
    suavojr

as always outlaw is very funny

• steve2
    steve2

Those of us who were in the organization in the 1960s and 1970s have a less controversial take on this current "trend" to break up field service into "coffee breaks" with later in-the-morning pre-service meetings.

There have always been a hard core of Witnesses who were intolerant of the relatively relaxed approach most JWs took towards field service. Pioneers in my old congregation avoided sisters with children like the plague because tending to children slowed things down - and the more zealous ones would start their field service around 8.00am and romp up to the rendezvous (yes, that's what it was called) closer to the agreed-upon time for "others". It was a matter of conscience whether the early birds kept counting time during that meeting - let's just say, the more desperate you were to make up your hours for the month, the more inclined you were to pad the hours.

Nowadays, the contrasst between the hard core and the "others" is perhaps more clearly demarcated but at least there is now explicit recognition that coffee breaks are okay. In the 1970s, one had to engage in elaborate deceitful acts to get a break mid-morning ("Oh, you'll have to excuse me, but I've got a very important Return Visit across town" i.e., cafe ).

Yet, I must confess that when I see the morning's field service program (as was displayed on the website of a kingdom hall in the UK) I couldn't help but think what pussies the Witnesses have become. E.g., meet up with the international delegates for field service at 10.00am and return to the kingdom hall at 11.00am to get ready for the tour! Even their God, Jehovah, could be forgiven for exclaiming, "Why bother!"

Deep into this time of the end, these are the tired, slim pickings of this worldwide work of urgency. "Will you pass me my triple-shot latte, sister? Thanks"

• jam
    jam

Speaking about hard core JW's. Have you ever worked evening dooor to door.

That is the worst, people are sitting down for dinner. I went

out with this hard core brother (1970's) and I told him, no way will

I do that again.We were called so many names, some I have

never heard of. This brother got the truth in jail, well not the truth

but cultness.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

My sat morning is not much better. I am the Car Captain. My SUV sucks on gas at $1.28 a litre. I have this little fat punk kid that his parents give him $5.00 ($2.00 for a drink, $3.00 to give the Car Captain for gas exp's) He just pockets it. He doesn't use it on breaks. What mom doesn't know won't hurt him I guess. I don't care about the money, but he does have a good scam that he's working. He's ahead by $20.00 a month. That little weasel will be rich when he gets to his adult years. Maybe I should just keep a running tab. I could give it to him by the time he turns 21. By then he will owe the Car Captain about $2,000.

• bigmac
    bigmac

you could have written this thread 50 years ago---nothing has changed. we all had " back-calls" to fall back on.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes indeed...the work is "URGENT"...lives must be "SAVED!"

After I stop for my mid morning coffee of course......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit