jw-cult.org is available for web name

by LogCon 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LogCon
    LogCon

Sunday Sept 21, 2014 , 8:45 PM.

I am interested to see how long it will be available and just who will grab it up.

jw-cult.org

• Simon
    Simon

It's a great name for people who already know that the WTS is a cult, maybe a less great name if you want to convince existing JW's.

Still, ultimately it's good to have a range of sites that will appeal to all types, whatever they are searching for.

• Splash
    Splash

Is jworg.org available? That would be confusing!

Splash

• Simon
    Simon

Anything that is too similar to their existing name may have already been registered to protect themselves (lots of big companies do this) or else could be actionable to stop you using it (registered trademarks etc...)

Ultimately, the domain name is not as important as the information on it although I still think "freeminds" is the best name ever to describe what it does / who it is for.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Can you register a domain name with a four-character extension, like "jw.borg"?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

No, only certain domain suffixes are allowed, though they have been adding stupid new ones lately like .ninja.

• Skipper12
    Skipper12

jw.org.es it's listed on SEDO's marketplace. The data from the listing page on SEDO says it got 12,473 visitors over the previous 31 days.

https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=jw.org.es

400 visitors a day. I can understand why it gets all that traffic. JW's and interested ones in Spain see JW.ORG and those less web savvy add a .ES at the end of it. 400 visitors a day presented with the chance of learning TTATT. For some this might be their unique chance of ever getting on a site about JW's that's not their official JW.ORG. A compelling landing page that would grab their attention and this could be the breaking point for some.

If I had a spanish JWFacts.com, I would purchase this domain and simply re-direct all that traffic. This way, by not actually hosting anything on the domain, JW.ORG won't have a very solid case if they decide to go after the domain.

• Skipper12
    Skipper12

Can you register a domain name with a four-character extension, like "jw.borg"?

You could actually, but the price tag starts at $185,000 and this is just the start fee, costs with running the actual registry aren't included.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit