stupid elder

by goingthruthemotions 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

I have had the SAME comment said in our cong!

They really are either just STOOOPID or Ignorant..... (I go with STOOOPID!)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The two go together Stuck.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My mother said to me jw.borg get a million hits a day. I had to explain that it wasn't very good when you consider it dosnt even cover 8 million pubs haveing 2 meetings a week (2 x 8 mill = 16 mill). When you also factor in a couple hundred thousand elders having to check correspondence daily it becomes even worse.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"The JW.ORG website is the most visited website in the world!"

As the statement stands, yes, totally false.

However, as far as top sites in spirituality/religion goes, it comes 2nd. Biblegateway ranks 1st.

Therefore, jw.org is presently #1 in terms of top denominational websites. The LDS site is next (ranks 5th overall).

- http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hits ain't Visits. Alexa Internet establish their lists on a mix of hits and proper visits, which is the only way to see if a website is working to some degree or not.

By their calculations the JW.Org site is way, way down, long after even crap tabloid newspaper sites. If it slips further it will be closer to oblivion than to the top.

Edited to add, the above was written before I read AnnOmaly's post. Interesting, I wonder how long before they slip down even in that small area of Internet usage.

• Laika
    Laika

I don't find it too surprising that JWs are so high on the denominational visits list, as most religious denominations don't print regular religious material that their members are required to read and study.

• nugget
    nugget

Checked on line they don't feature in the top 100 let alone the top 10.

Seriously more visited than facebook, Google, amazon, the BBC. Really the ignorance beggars belief.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"The JW.ORG website is the most visited website in the world!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

JW.Borg is the most visited site - it's just that Satan unvisits the site each time a worldly person clicks on it. Don't you guys know there's a war on?

2 Corinthians 4:4

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

That's very encouraging Brother Stupid-Elder. Where did you get your information?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit