What SilentLambs means to me

by Lady Lee 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• waiting
    waiting

Quote: Secrecy becomes necessary not only to appear OK to the outside world but the more dysfunctional the system becomes the great er need for individuals to believe that what they know is not what they know. This is how cognitive dissonance allows the members to know one thing and believe antoher that is contradictory to the first.

Denial is the core part of cognitive dissonance. If I do not know what I know then I am OK. Whether this is 1 person, or 1 family; whether this is one organization or even a whole country - the basic belief becomes we do not know what we know.

Interesting - it happens within/without the org. all the time. What's unique is that the whole organization of Jehovah's Witnesses - all jw to a lesser/greater degree buy into cognitive dissonance.

Lol - like believing that creation days are 6 completed, and that each was 7,000 years long....but how'd the dinasaurs fit in there? Well, we just won't think about that too much.

Famous jw saying after asking them an ethical question: "Well.....I'm going to remain faithful to Jehovah's Organization." Sometimes they just say "faithful to Jehovah" but it means the same thing......stay in the organization.

I'm sorry for your family troubles now in 3 generations. Glad you've been able to empower your children to hopefully not allow this to continue in your family.

Congratulations on a job well done.

waiting

• myself
    myself

((((Lady Lee))))

Those ripples as you say are just a start to making waves. Thank you for being silent no more and sharing. Silent Lambs is making a lot of sacrifice to ensure that these lambs will be protected in the future, that there will be no more silence, that the abused should no longer remain victims of not only the abuser but those who protect the abuser so as not to tarnish their name. The shame should belong to the abuser(s) not the victim(s).

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

I'm truly sorry for all that you have gone thru. My little sister was also abused by her father, my stepfather. He only got DF. Contact Bill Bowen from Silent Lambs. I also advised my little sister to contact Bill. THE WTS must be stopped. If they aren't stopped imagine all the children that will get molested by the 24,000+ in their "pedophile" list.

OC

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

I say this because the authorities are now investigating my stepfather, as I type, for abusing a 13 year old girl in the state that he now lives in.
    OC

• outnfree
    outnfree

ABSOLUTELY GREAT POST, Lady Lee!

Thank you!

outnfree

• rowdy
    rowdy

what a story iam going to write my life with my sisters fast fingers take care rowdy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit