Attn: More new stories in elder no show. hehe!

by aluminutty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

This article from the Lexington Herald Leader via the Associated Press further demonstrates the poopy pants currently being worn by the pompous Asses at the Watch Tower. My wife, Bobsgirl AKA Tema Smith Bosken roared.

Posted on Sat, May. 25, 2002

Elders don't show for former elder's excommunication hearing

DRAFFENVILLE, Ky. - An excommunication hearing for a former Jehovah's Witnesses elder didn't occur as scheduled Friday night because the three elders assigned
    To hear his case failed to appear.

Bill Bowen, 44, of Draffenville, faces expulsion from the church for speaking out against its handling of sex abuse allegations. He claims child-abuse allegations
    are not typically reported to authorities by the Jehovah's Witnesses because of the church's policy of handling problems internally.

Bowen and about 50 allies - some of whom came from as far away as California and Florida - gathered in front of the Draffenville Kingdom Hall before his
    scheduled 7:30 p.m. hearing. Some of them were victims of child abuse at the hands of other church members, Bowen said.

But the panel of elders never arrived, he said.

"I'm quite perplexed," Bowen said. "They gave me the time, the address and the location in writing. There was no misunderstanding on my part where I was
    supposed to be."

Bowen resigned his elder position in December 2000 to protest the church's policy.

Church leaders have denied wrongdoing.

Bowen could've been disfellowshipped - or excommunicated - from the church for sowing discord in the faith by speaking out against the church's handling
    of allegations of child molestation.

Bowen was disappointed and angered that the hearing didn't happen.

"I had several witnesses to testify on my behalf, and there was a considerable expense to get them all here," Bowen said. "If they ask for another hearing,
    I'm going to ask them to either dismiss the charges of pay the expenses for all the witnesses to come back, because they inconvenienced them."

Members of the church are required to shun those who are disfellowshipped, even if they are members of their own family.

"Facing an excommunication hearing is a very stressful thing. I've had this hanging over my head," Bowen said. "When I finally have a moment to get it over
    with and testify and find out what their charges are against me, for them not to show up, creates even more anxiety.

"It's very unkind, and very unprofessional."

Three others who have spoken out against the church's policies have been disfellowshipped in recent weeks. They are Barbara Anderson, of Normandy, Tenn.,
    and Carl and Barbara Pandelo, of Belmar, N.J.

"Something is wrong," Bowen said. "Victims should not be punished."

Tema Smith-Bosken, of Cincinnati, a church member who said she was molested by a family member, was one of about two dozen people who stood in support of
    Bowen on Friday.

"A lot of people are questioning the motives of the individuals who are coming forward," Smith-Bosken said. "We're just a bunch of people with big hearts
    who are strong enough to come forward on the hope, just the hope, that something will change. I know my talking ... will put me in the line of fire."

In a statement issued from their headquarters, the Jehovah's Witnesses have said church leaders are "required by the Holy Scriptures to see to it that the
    congregation remains clean and unified."

J.R. Brown, a spokesman for the denomination, has said that parents are not punished by the church for going to the police first in cases of child molestation.

He also said members found guilty of molestation by a church judicial committee are removed from all positions of responsibility and cannot evangelize door-to-door
    without being accompanied by a fellow Jehovah's Witness.

Bowen isn't sure what will happen to his case now.

"It's the accused that usually doesn't show," he said. "We were ready. The elders didn't follow through with their word.

"What they want, I think, is to try to set up a new hearing to have the advantage to their side. They want me by myself, they want me at a disadvantage.
    I'm not going to let that happen."

Tema You Rock!!! Silent lambs, You Rock!!! You all rock!!!

All of you who idly say nothing note the simple, beautiful truth being revealed here to us all. The only way you can ever hope to make a change is if you act to promote the change you seek. In other words, it is sometimes good to get off your ass and do something positive.

Dubs, stop waiting on Jehovah, already. He’s obviously here and busy at that. You just can’t see him for the 2 by four in your eye.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

LOL.. I don't know how much worse they can look. They must really be going out of their minds to come up with a way to put an end to this..

Path

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Path:
    That's exactly as I see it. I think, however, that they have this time dun one too many spins on the story, and the PR car is careening out of control. .

Aluminutty -- wishing I was an ambulance chaser at the scene of this wreck class.

• Flip
    Flip
    "I'm quite perplexed," Bowen said. "They gave me the time, the address and the location in writing. There was no misunderstanding on my part where I wassupposed to be."

I would like to think that the elders involved, ‘headed for the hills’ in this case.

However, the WTBTS, apparently, has more Corporate mobility due to less public scrutiny than the RCC and is intelligent enough not to make another martyr…at least during this particular time.

Flip

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Aluminutty,

Thanks for posting that article and ((((hugs)))) to you and your wife. It's great to see the WTS behave in ways that increases the amount of egg their faces are wearing.

One question tho. You said:

All of you who idly say nothing note the simple, beautiful truth being revealed here to us all. The only way you can ever hope to make a change is if you act to promote the change you seek. In other words, it is sometimes good to get off your ass and do something positive.

Dubs, stop waiting on Jehovah, already. He’s obviously here and busy at that. You just can’t see him for the 2 by four in your eye.

Were you speaking specifically of dubs or were you speaking to other silentlambs? The reason I ask, is that some who are silent have different reasons for remaining so. I would have loved to have been there for the candlelight vigil, but financially it just wasn't possible. I would also LOVE to go to the media with my story and even pursue a lawsuit against the WTS; however, it wouldn't be safe for me and my children for me to do so. My point to all of this is that I think we need to be careful in how we phrase things so that other silentlambs who read our posts aren't hurt more. If I have misunderstood who your words were directed at, please forgive me.

Dana

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

i'll bet the gov body instucted the elders to "not show".
    how could they possibly have a sucessful wicked committe meeting with "actual witnesses" there?....... the local elders don't have the skill to side-step and lie their way through a committe meeting with actual witnesses and media.

on top of that, they drained alot of money out of the witnesses that showed up.........smooth move

now they can tell a lie about it...

• insanity_is_nice_part2
    insanity_is_nice_part2

chekc out the newspaper from PADUCAH Ky (the Paducah SUn) I saw it this morning (in service...looong story) and had to keep from laughing my head off. the elders are sooo fucking stupid! shoulda showed unless theyre scared outa thier wits.my dad went outa town...i think so that he would miss this whole thing. hes the PO in the P-town congregation. Anyway...check out the pictures. Theyre pretty good.

later yall
    shylanikole

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Dana:
    I ment no offense to Silent Lambs. I was making a general comment to the human race, I guess, to anyone. I was just asserting my view that change requires action. I was not judging anyone group, least of all any one individual in particular. We all have our individual reasons for remaining silent that's why I attempted to use a generality in the phrasology of my request. at least this last applys to those inhdividuals who have been themselves victomized. If, for instance, a person knows of child physical and/or sexual abuse happening in the present, and he/she doesn't report it to the athorities, then this person sucks, and pardon my judgement.

Again, no offense ment.

Bob

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Yo Bob None taken! That's why I asked for clarification

I understand and agree with your statement regarding people who know of abuse and remain silent. I cannot think of any valid excuse for that type of behavior.

I didn't mean to sound as though I thought you were being judgemental; that wasn't my impression. But thanks for clearing it up for me.

Dana

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Insanity....this is your 1st post. Congratulations!!! Your Dad is the PO? You read the P-paper in service? WOW, come on over and stay. I'll bet there's a 'whole lot of shaking going on' in your local circles. Keep us informed, INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!

JUST FOR THE RECORD the elders on my JC (the entire elder body) wouldn't allow my witnesses in the door and this was in June of 2000. Nothing like having to deal with watchtower justice.

New rules, new light, new elder body...I can see it coming about soon, so they can somehow justify their actions or shall we say their lack of actions.

Congratulations again, Insanity.

SUSCARRA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit