Oh my God, I knew it!!!

by Crazyguy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Again ... I think you may be referring to Jason Bartlett ... here is part of an interview with Slate (the Slate article was the original that was quoted on the website I listed in my previouse post) ... note the dates

Slate: I didn’t know there was a long-hair community before finding the Men’s Long Hair Hyperboard.

Jason Bartlett: Yes, it’s a real community. I mean, if I’m out at a concert and I see another longhair, we give each other a little head nod. The site itself started in 1996, and now we link to a lot of long-hair groups geared toward both men and women.

I came to MLHH in 1999. I had short hair then, because I was part of a religion [Jehovah’s Witnesses] that enforced that. But my connection [to the Witnesses] was fading. When I got on the Internet, one of the first things I did was type in “men’s long hair.” Of course, in order to be a MLHH moderator, you have to already have long hair. I didn’t progress in the hierarchy until I left my religion for good, in 2005.

Slate: Are the hair restrictions part of the reason you left?

Bartlett: It was complicated.

Slate: What made you want to become a longhair?

Bartlett: What we have found is that longhairs fall into two different groups. One group is innate—men who’ve known they wanted to grow their hair long since they were 6 or 7. It’s in them and a part of them. For me, it’s one of my earliest recollections. For other men, it’s more like a fashion statement that comes and goes—for instance if they want to join a rock band.

My problem was that I had parents who weren’t supportive of the idea, and I couldn’t have picked a worse culture to be born into. The Witnesses don’t allow beards, goatees, or long hair on men. But I felt like it was a part of me, that this was how I should look. I started to push the limits, growing it long on top and seeing what I could get away with. If I hadn’t been raised a Witness, I would certainly have worn my hair long as a young boy.

In the article, Jared Leto is mentioned for his long hair, first by the writer of the particular blog article, then the quotes of Slate asking Bartlett a question and Bartlett in his response.

I don't know Jared Leto, but the only evidence I find is this one article that mentions both Leto and Jehovah's WItnesses and the one identified as a witness that left in 2005 is Bartlett.

Slate: What do you think of Jared Leto?

Bartlett: I’m very happy about Jared Leto. We are all for long hair on men becoming more popular. It makes it easier for us, especially when we’re looking for work, trying to be accepted. I think that when more men see very public figures growing their hair out, the idea gets planted in their heads.

http://jerbearinsantafe.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/what-is-a-longhair-an-interview-with-jason-bartlett-on-men-who-grow-out-their-tresses-2/

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/03/31/what_is_a_longhair_an_interview_with_jason_bartlett_on_men_who_grow_out.html

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ok sorry I was wrong, I saw the quote in another article with it being in a box so it looked as though it was not taking about Bartlett. Thats the third time I've been wrong won't happen again. EVER!!

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

30 seconds to Mars is my favourite group.

Some of their songs deal with religious topics and some are "anti cult" songs.

Just look at the lyrics of the song "End of all days."

30stm are especially a great live band.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Great song.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit