Possible Way For FDS / WTS To Stop Power of TTATT

by singlebaby 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sunny23
    sunny23

Welcome,

I don't think it would go down exactly that way. Even the current WT Library has old light in it unless they remove everything up until 2012 or so. Besides one could always attack their claims on: blood transfusions, shunning, 1914, or homo sapiens being 6,000 yrs old, without using "old light."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good point. They already say what you have predicted. I hear it all the time.

I have found that JWISM isn't about doctrine. It's about something more. I thinks it's fear of life and of one's self. It's power stems from the false sense of security found within the group. That's why they can change beliefs from day to day. Perhaps this is why it takes something profound to wake a JW, usually some injustice and then TTATT follows.

I imagine dubs as a tiny group of primitive homonids, clinging to one another on an isolated island. Sometimes a predator snatches one from the fringe. Sometimes a brave soul swims to the next island. Meanwhile the great cycle of life continues around the Earth. Most inhabitants are totally unaware of the tiny fearful dubs on Dub Island, but the dubs believe their island to be the center of the Universe.

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I imagine dubs as a tiny group of primitive homonids, clinging to one another on an isolated island. Sometimes a predator snatches one from the fringe. Sometimes a brave soul swims to the next island. Meanwhile the great cycle of life continues around the Earth. Most inhabitants are totally unaware of the tiny fearful dubs on Dub Island, but the dubs believe their island to be the center of the Universe."

Data-Dog ! that is just a Great, Vivid and oh so accurate illustration ! You get a "Good" on your Counsel Sheet ! (Do they still do that bollocks ?).

• singlebaby
    singlebaby

Sunny23 & DATA-DOG, See, I love your diversity of thought. You never get that at a Kingdom Hall. Never! More and more, bit by bit the friends seem to me to actually be in fear to say anything that doesn't sound to be the new 'theocratic'. Really like 1984. It's hard to have a decent conversation with anyone.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

singlebaby, you definately got a knack for satirical writing in the WT style; well done.

Have you ever checked out this website? http://jehovahstrumpet.com/

• Terry
    Terry

NEW LIGHT really means . . . the Truth we've been teaching wasn't true.

OLD LIGHT really means . . . "We will never explain how we got it so wrong while thinking we were so right!"

THE TRUTH really means . . . If you think our official farts stink you must be an apostate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit