Anointed JW Today And Tianamen Square

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

https://anointedjw.org/Fight_Fine_Fight.html

First, message received, I get it. These guys are way out there and full of themselves.

That said, the puzzle remains as to why they are not (reportedly) df'd. In addition, they must have some 'followers' - the site is out there and known by a number of JWs.

If you read the latest update, there is enough there to 'hang' them - beyond just partaking.

I am forced to wonder if this sitaution is anything like Tianamen Square was for the Chinese government, years ago. There was an odd period of delay before they cracked down, possibly because there were questions about whose son or relative was doing the protesting.

In similar fashion, could they be right about high placed sympathies in the Organization?

metatron

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It is a husband and wife team and they have only been at this since 2012 as far as I can discern from a brief look at the website. Perhaps they have been successful at keeping their identity obscured up to this point.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Just another group of presumptuous people, calling themselves to be of the anointed, being sifted out of the congregations.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A Watcher: a better description of the Governing Body I have not heard!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

AWatcher, don't you know that there is no such thing as "congregations"??? Scripturally speaking, there is only the congregation which is the body of Christ.

DD

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Meta:

That was a very interesting writeup they presented on the AnointedJW site. They seem to indicate some sort of 'directive' from the top. If so, I'm surprised that no one here is privy to it.

Bobcat

• SAHS
    SAHS

anointedjw.org/Fight_Fine_Fight.html”: “The Governing Body has no problem with brothers proclaiming their so-called ‘earthly hope,’ yet through their minions, they seek to silence all who dare even mention their heavenly hope!”

I can see where the GB would be worried about a steady influx of rank-and-file members identifying themselves as anointed because, according to them, the number of anointed partakers yearly should really be going down as an indication of the nearness of Armageddon, but instead it is going up. (Notice how the yearly anointed partakers figure, along with the yearly preaching statistics report, is no longer prominently featured in the Watchtower magazine!) This only serves to show that the partakers who are considered “properly anointed” as per the GB are really no more legitimately anointed than anybody else.

anointedjw.org/Fight_Fine_Fight.html”: “As loyalty to the Governing Body becomes more radicalized and suspicions upon innocent brothers continue to increase, the organization will ultimately implode under its own self aggrandizement and manmade teachings.”

The fact that they are, indeed, a self-appointed, self-serving group of men is being revealed more and more for all to see, especially now with such greater access to information.

• metatron
    metatron

I think we should conclude that there is something real behind their site. This doesn't mean there isn't some BS and hype amid the bluster but looking at the situation overall, it's difficult for me to think that there wouldn't be some sort of reactive movement such as this working against the WTS. This sort of "apostasy" has sprung up in the past as with the Commentary on James book and the aftermath of the Ray Franz mess. The concept of spiritual 'sonship' is so deeply woven into early Christianity, it's a wonder the Watchtower ever got away with their doctrines for so long.

Witnesses are a different lot these days with very little hard knowledge of the Bible compared to the past. Also, with the redefinition of the 'anointed' as mostly NOT the "faithful slave', they may have created a doctrinal vacuum. After years of decline, something is pushing the number of partakers up.

metatron

• Hermano
    Hermano

Also, with the redefinition of the 'anointed' as mostly NOT the "faithful slave', they may have created a doctrinal vacuum. After years of decline, something is pushing the number of partakers up.

Seems like the increase in partakers coincides with the abandonment of the 1935-door-to-heaven closed teaching, according to stats from jwfacts.com.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

It's hard to read the New Testament and come away with a hope other than heaven. Maybe some JWs read the Bible more than we think.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The writing style of the letters to these clowns is all same. Its simply a way to recruit people out of the WT cult into their own little version of Christianity.

I don't care, any enemy of my enemy is my friend. Once they told the story of several hundred partaking at the Meh-morial in Nevada I knew they were master bullshitters. But if they can get people to free their mind in any way I don't care how many lies they tell on their shitty website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit