What does semimonthy mean

by bobld 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

Yes,I know what it means however,the GB of the WBTS does not.They said the Study Edition apears once a month and is not offered to the public.The Study Edition(has 32 pages) and the Public Edition(has 16 pages) of the Watchtower are not two different magazines.Per their WT of Jan.15/2008.

On page 2 of their Oct.15/2014 public WT they say it is published semimonthy. Page 3 they say nearly 46 million copies of each issue are printed.Also their Study Edition is published semimonthyMy understanding, the public issue is on the 1st of the month and the study is on the 15th month only one copy of ea issue.Someone please explain the discrepancies.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w08 1/15 p. 3 The New Study Edition of The Watchtower ***

Finally, the study edition and the public edition of The Watchtower are not two different magazines. They are both The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom.They have on page 2 identical paragraphs explaining the purpose of The Watchtower. Both will be included in the annual bound volume. And material from both will be found in the “Do You Remember?” feature, which will be published in the study edition.

--------------

So it seems that both the study and the public edition are the same magazine, the Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom, but each a different issue in the same month = semi-monthly.

My question is where does the "simplified" issue fit in.

• factfinder
    factfinder

They create confusion too, I think, by claiming The Watchtower is just one magazine, both editions are The Watchtower and are semi-monthly, but... they only include the printing figure for each issue of the public edition. In actuality they are printing over 60 million copies of The Watchtower each month.

Why do they only give the circulation figure for the public edition?

I imagine the simplified edition and braille editions are the same as the study edition, 15th of the month issues. (fit in as such, same with the large print editions).

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The study edition was done so that it is needed only by the 12? million who attend the watchtower study to cut production costs.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

The dummer dumm down edition! kind of like the movie, Dumm and Dummer!!!!!

Dwain

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I don't know what "semimonthy" means. Kind of monthy?

• bobld
    bobld

If I Joe Public receive a watchtower magazine and read on page 2 that it is published semimonthly I expect to receive two watchtowers per month.I have no clue what other magazines the watchtower ORG.publishes or care.

How would you feel if a publisher offered you two magazines per month and only sent you one per month.

This is only one of the many ways the WT ORG.is deceitful.

SEMIMONTHLY watch your spelleng.check your spelling

• factfinder
    factfinder

It is deceitful the way they do it. They mention The Watchtower as the magazine with the largest circulation of 45 million without including the study edition.

In the article on jw.org about their printing operations they mention the 16-page magazine but make no mention of the 32 page editions. They say they produced over 1.3 billion magazines in 2012, thus over 108 million per month, if you subtract the 16 page w and g that leaves over 17 million for the 32 page editions.

Yes, if a non-witness reader bothers to look and see that the magazine is published semi- monthly he or she would wonder where the other issue is, why are they receiving only one issue each month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit