Today's WT. article guilt trips my ex again!

by kneehighmiah 8 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I know they're called exes for a reason, but my ex-gf and I had repaired our relationship which had been ruined due to my awakening. She had stopped talking to me for months after the elders told her no to associate with anyone who disagrees with the "slave." Of course since she has her own doubts and she still loves me, she eventually began talking to me again. We've been talking regularly since. Today I get a text, "what did you think of today's WT?" I replied, "I don't know." She replies, "I liked it. It was a real eye opener." I replied "how?" So far no response. It's been hours. We haven't talked about anything JW related since we started communicating again. I'm just so angry right now, even though we arent even dating again. WT destroys relationships.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You should text her the scriptures to that show their wrong and mention maybe luke 21:8

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

You shouldn't even be associating with a fence-sitter who won't show some backbone and get her beliefs sorted out, so this is a blessing in disguise for you. Pain is in your future for as long as you perpetuate this relationship.

• sporece
    sporece

Don't make the mistake of getting involved with her unless she sees it's a cult.

She probably hopes that you will get your faith back.

• dugout
    dugout

Yo my man K find yourself nice Wordly girl. Im serious. either shes yours or shes the slave.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Apognophos,

There is nothing wrong with a "fence sitter". Remember they always say the fence is on the devils property.

Fence sitting is a symptom of creativity and openness.

The Bible condemns sitting on the fence because it was written by fanatic religious conservatives.

Some people are looking for a quick answer even if it's cheap and wrong.

And there's nothing wrong with people who make quick decisions. It's just a matter of temperament.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Fence-sitting may be working for this young lady, but it's a recipe for trouble for anyone who gets involved with her.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Tell her that apostate picture would have been more accurate if they had a sign with "jwfacts.com" on it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So she's playing the guilt game on to you for stumbling her from the organization.

If she cant see the strenuous amount of lies and corruption in this religious cult thats was designed to support a publishing house,

it might be just as well to cut the communication lines with her permanently.

Are you willing to rekindle a relationship with this girl if she wants to reconnect herself with this cult ?

Sounds like she needs to understand the how and why this religious cult got established and how it has sustained itself all these years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit