WHY are so many "spiritual" young men in the congo soo insipid?

by hamsterbait 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The last gathering I went to, I was impressed by how submissive and compliant the young men were. More like sweet little old ladies (not knocking old women here). They were socially inept, and non-assertive. and the lilting little giggles.... Dont think there will be many gay men chasing Jdub ass.

And there is the issue that none of these "adults" consider themselves responsible for their actions, as the host carries the can!! Even if he isnt there at the time... (see the dog savaging DF thread.)

What the hell is wrong with robust confident manhood in this cult? Do women really want to be treated like sexless wounded birds all the time?

Men can be men without being evil wicked or inconsiderate.

HB

• steve2
    steve2

Ahem...perhaps the "real" men have left? I'd hardly call your sample representative though.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

REAL Men ( and Women ) think for themselves and have well thought-out opinions. Their 'spirituality' is a result of independent study and critical thinking. As for the JWs, they are actually the LEAST spiritual people I have ever been around. They only discuss boring, inane topics because they are scared of expressing an independent opinion on anything. They give their minds and personalities over to a faceless group of old men in New York. Whatever drivel is published in the Watchtower is uncritically swallowed by the Witnesses. No thought necessary. That is the exact opposite of being a normal, functioning, adult member of society. So that is why JW men and women seem so socially and spiritually inept.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Many change their behavior once they realize being submissive and meek is unattractive to women.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The insipid nature of witness youth (especially the brothers) is due to being constantly told to "listen,obey and be blessed"

No room for self development or self confidence!

Any evidence of personal growth or development is quickly extinguished, and labelled as "pushing ahead, or not being spiritually humble"

I have learned in the last 5 years to "grow a pair"...and Im now standing up to the supression that I was inflicted with all my life as a young male in the org! No one tells me what to do anymore...(dont get me wrong, I am polite and kind...just not a pushover. I have inner strength to make my own decisions now)

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, stuck, self-assertion does not make you rude but firm when you need to be firm but still polite and kind-natured.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Independent thought is actively discouraged among the R&F. People that don't have an original thought in their head are by definition: boring!

I would think it would be obvious.

“Fight Against Independent Thinking [...] How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization”. – The Watchtower 1/15/83 p. 22

“Avoid Independent Thinking. Avoid questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization.” - The Watchtower January 15, 1983 P22

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great quotes Oub!

Sad, but great...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Insipid little yes-men who believe that they are the spiritual elite because they have microphone privileges. Meanwhile, their wives wish that they could have some great sex. No wonder so many are DF'd for cheating. I mean, Jesus, have you seen these twerps with hot JW wives?? It's insane!!

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This religion has de-balled most men in it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit