Is the Watchtower a secret society?

by marriedtoajw 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

Does the Watchtower teach that keeping secrets is ok? Does its leadership believe that the advancement of the organization hinges on holding back truthful information from prospective members and others who are not in leadership positions? Do you believe that the organization as a whole has a global agenda? Do you believe that the organization has a desire that world governments be abolished? Do you believe that the Watchtower Society has a desire to abolish national borders? Do you believe that the Socitey wishes to live in harmony with people who don't subscribe to their belief system? Do you believe the Watchtower Society wants peace? Do you believe the Watchtower Society wants to control the actions, thoughts and behavior of its members? Do you believe they believe the leaders if the Society know the best way to live? Do they teach and believe that a New World is on the way? Do you believe that the Society imploys mind control tactics? Do you believe that the Society wouuld like traditional Christianity, especially the Catholic Church, be destroyed? Do you believe the Society is involved in the occult, ie spiritism, enochianism? Do you believe there are other leadership members not known to the rank and file? Do you believe the Society would leave documented evidence if the answer to any of these were yes? Are the answers to any of these questions impossible to hide? Just my thoughts these days...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Is the watchtower a secret society. Well let me put it this way I was a dubbie for just under 40 years of my life, and it's only been in the last year and a half of awakening that i learnt more about that religion than I ever did in the kingdom hall. I remember when first finding out on the internet I was just so shocked I immediately went into disbelief. Even now as I look back I'm just amazed at how in dark I was. I feel foolish that i spent years trying to justify my concerns. Unfortunately my story is not an isolated case.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Does the Watchtower teach that keeping secrets is ok?

They teach, "there is a time to speak and a time to keep silent." So, in a somewhat round about way, they do teach in certain circumstances it is okay.

Does its leadership believe that the advancement of the organization hinges on holding back truthful information from prospective members and others who are not in leadership positions?

Of Course! 607bc anyone?

Do you believe that the organization as a whole has a global agenda?

Well no duh! This is not a secret to anyone.

Do you believe that the organization has a desire that world governments be abolished?

Have you not read ANY of their liturature?

Do you believe that the Watchtower Society has a desire to abolish national borders?

(See previous two answers)

Do you believe that the Socitey wishes to live in harmony with people who don't subscribe to their belief system?

Define "harmony" . . .

Do you believe the Watchtower Society wants peace?

Hell no! All they talk about is war and how everyone is going to be destroyed by their vindictive God. They both worship and relish the idea of warfare.

Do you believe the Watchtower Society wants to control the actions, thoughts and behavior of its members?

I'm pretty sure it all ready does

Do you believe they believe the leaders if the Society know the best way to live?

Nope. But I do think they have some pretty good ideas on some of the worst ways to live.

Do they teach and believe that a New World is on the way?

You're serriously asking this?

Do you believe that the Society imploys mind control tactics?

Intentionally - no. Unintentionally - absolutely!

Do you believe that the Society wouuld like traditional Christianity, especially the Catholic Church, be destroyed?

No, I think they want to get together, hold hands, and sing freaking kumbaya. Of course they want them destroyed! Sheesh, talk about no brainer questions. Or are you asking if the Society will be destroyed? Well I suppose its possible - but I don't think it would take an act of God.

Do you believe the Society is involved in the occult, ie spiritism, enochianism?

I believe - that they believe - they are involved in that sort of thing when it comes to the GB.

Do you believe there are other leadership members not known to the rank and file?

FINALLY! A good question. In the Book CoC Franze says that the corporation had more controll then the GB for a long time. I can't say for sure, but I don't think the idea that the organization still has ties to the Free Masons is that far fetched. But I'm with holding judgment until there is better evidence.

Do you believe the Society would leave documented evidence if the answer to any of these were yes?

They have.

Are the answers to any of these questions impossible to hide?

Clearly not.

Is the Watchtower a secret society?

Sadly, no more so then any other large religious institution.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Its not that secret, I have heard of it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They are quite simply a big corporation. Truth and lies have no relevance to them. The leaders and suck-ups just want money, power and probably children to abuse.

Nothing religious here, just the facade of religion.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the WTS is a secret society.

My husband commented on why one version of the BOE letters was read by the elders but a separate letter was shared with the congregation. One "letter" was only read to the elders, a copy of the paper was not put in the file and the CO said it was not a letter. My husband commented he could see the letterhead of the WTS at the top of this non-letter. Topic: that if a jw had a transfusion and was unrepentant that were no longer to be df'd but considered to have da'd themselves. I believe this info is now in the newest elders manual but still has not been in the other WTS publications, public or study.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

See my post above, joke I know, but to be pedantic, it is a Society of Secrets, and lots of those are really embarrassing.

A Secret Society only the members know about, or it ain't secret is it ? LOL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

marriedtoajw - "Is the Watchtower a secret society?"

Sorta.

It's pretty lousy at keeping secrets from anyone who really wants to know.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

What punky said!

• Mum
    Mum

The WT Society does its best to control the amount ant type of information its adherents have access to. Most rank-and-file JW's have no idea about the extent of child sexual abuse in their religion. They might know of one or two cases and see them as isolated incidents, not a source of serious WT income loss. Many of them are not aware of the false prophecies of the past or other historical information about their "religion." The Society also keeps its controversial doctrines (i.e., shunning, no blood transrusion, no saluting the flag, no birthdqay or holiday celebrations, etc.) from the public. I've met people who tell me JW's are just weirdos, but nothing to worry about.

Their central doctrine is that "God's kingdom" is about to take over the earth soon, any minute now. You'd think people would get weary of this false promise, but the WT is very clever about keeping the carrot in front of them but never giving it to them.

In short, they are a somewhat dangerous cult, but mostly to children. JW schoolchildren need real support and understanding. They're innocent and have no idea they're being duped, even if they're being molested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit