Voting and elections

by Powermetal4ever 14 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The explanation, as I understood it, is that by voting, you share in the responsibility of what the person you elected does.

The explanation I give is that by failing to vote against a candidate or ballot measure, you share the responsibility for whatever harm they may cause. In other words, by not voting you forfeit your privilege to gripe about the government.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I think it's more about being "part of this world". If you participate in worldly goings on, there is the potential for some kind of enlightenment. That is very dangerous to the JWs

• MTSman
    MTSman

I've been interning for a lawyer in a major city here in the US for about a year now, and just the other day she tells me that this February she'll be quitting her job to run for judge. Outside of her family I'm the only person she's told about this. When she did, I was thinking to myself, oh shit now I'm in a bit of a jam. But then I asked myself, why am I in a jam? I guess it was the reminants of my brainwashing seeping through. Anyway, this lawyer totally likes and respect me for going back to school in my late years, she helped me get into law school, and she is major, MAJOR, juice in the political and legal system here in the City. So here's the thing. I've been going back to the meetings pretty regularly after being out for six years. (It only seems like yesterday.) Last month I got the, "We've noticed you've been coming regularly. Whenever you're ready,let us know," speech from the presiding overseer or whatever the hell they're called now. At the time, I was like yeah maybe I will. That was before I got my acceptance letter to a top 10 law school. Yeah, I really don't want to spend another three years in school. I really, really, really, don't, but I'm doing it to piss people off. Kind of like when a girl dates the "wrong guy" to piss her parents off.

My family doesn't know I've been accepted to law school. They know I'm finishing my BA, but I think they would all be puzzled about law school, and they would be even more outraged if they knew I was helping out on a political campain. This lady WILL win, and if I stick with her I will literarly be set for the rest of my life. Hmm, a life of poverty, or priveledge? It's not even a choice. I couldn't plan this shit if I wanted to. Some people who get df'd go buckwild and screw around till their weiner falls off, drink and do drugs until they look like they're a billion years old and their conscience beats them back to the meetings. Me? Well I've just been really pissed off. The anger that I've been harboring comes from the thoughts of what I could have done in my life and youth, however, instead of wadding in this anger I have used it to become laser focused and determined to shove success in the faces of a bunch of self-righteous people. Sigh, I think I'm going to wait until the elections are over before I hand in my letter to the elders.

P.S. Where the hell is the spell check on this thing?

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

The Watchtower controls every aspect of a winess' life. If they allowed voting, they should give guidance for which candidate/party to vote for, otherwize the mind control would blow, cause the members would feel freedom and power outside of the organization. Now, any organization who engages in politics is deprived of tax excemption, in the US, EU, AU and probably many other places. The Watchtower will do anything to maintain it's profitable taxfree real-estate flip-flop business, so dealing with voting members is out of the question.

• designs
    designs

Voting in California is Nov.4th. I plan on being there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit