The Ransom Sacrifice

by Ding 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Back in the 60s, WT literature stressed that Jesus died to offset Adamic sin.

Later, they started talking in terms of Jesus dying for personal sins as well, but maybe that was Ray Franz's influence.

As a JW, did you feel that Jesus died for your sins or only for Adam's original sin?

Does anyone know the current WT teaching on this?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I did not "feel" anything....

But the teaching was that every sin in the world was a consequence of Adams original sin....and I think that teaching is the same now. Somewhere in Pauls letters it was stated that sin came to mankind via one specific man, Adam.

This is the teaching of most of christianity aswell, but I think mainstream churches focus a bit more on the ransom for personals sins than the JWs do.

• Ding
    Ding

bttt

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

I believe the current teaching is that Jesus died for the inherited Adamic sin only and not for personal sins based on 1 Corinthians 15.

• prologos
    prologos

They can not believe that there is a ransom for personal sins, because refusal to take the wt publications, -now to log onto the ORG site will kill you in the Great Tribulation, Armageddon at the latest, and your depended children, and the unborn.

It is like so may ransom scams, the ransom is payed, the target is dead on arrival anyway.

an imaginary condition.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The whole concept of "adamic sin" and the need for a ransom is utterly stupid!

So we are victims of God's own "scales of justice" that we have no say in, and no influence over, but are condemned for??

Seriously?

Watch this! nonstampcollector on youtube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOfjkl-3SNE&list=PL6D440558124742F5

• designs
    designs

I guess we are all out of the loop on current Wt. doctrine.

• humbled
    humbled

Loved the video, stuckinarut2.

It is brilliant --the points raised are perfectly valid questions about the idea of a ransom to "save" mankind.

• Pinku
    Pinku

Jesus had no idea of ransom (which was a later development). He came with the expectation that people would believe him and world would be transformed into a paradise. This is reflected in his statements such as:

“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.” (John 5:24)

“Whoever lives by believing in me will never die.”—John 11:26

His calculation went wrong when he attacked the religious establishment of his time: “On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. And as he taught them, he said,“Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’[c]? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’” The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to KILL him.” (Mark 11:15-16)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, 'humbled', all of his videos on YouTube are very well thought out and presented!

Along with that channel (nonstampcollector), I also recommend 'messed up bible stories' and 'darkmatter2525'

Those three channels have helped me immensely, and do so in humorous way too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit