Not on JW.ORG : San Francisco court orders Catholic workers to attend Jehovah's Witness meeting. Will Jehovah's Witnesses now be ordered to Catholic Churches?

by Balaamsass2 15 Replies latest social current

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Catholic dogma forbids attending worship at other churches.

Well now, I thought only JWs were forbidden to attend other religious services. Too sad that somebody in the cong would not make themselves available to take this person to the KH meetings. Love is surely lacking.

GC

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"In fact they could, in good conscience, attend a Catholic Service in a similar situation. The WTS say that une may attend a church wedding or funeral if required to by family - just not participate in the hymns or prayers. There is always the Bible example of Nehemiah who took the king to his temple ."

You forgot to included the BIG *ASTERISKS* the WT puts in their articles whenver they make statements like that. Infact the * is SO BIG, they just put in in the paragraph right after the statement like demonstrated above. It will say something like this..

BUT you should consider if it would bother your conscience going to a funeral or wedding at another service. Or the conscience of your spouse. Or perhaps somebody studying or another witness may notice you going to that church and it could stumble them. (bible quote about not even eating if it would stumble a brother). So you must weigh all the costs, it is worth harming your own conscience or the conscience of another. (what that statement is really saying is ,'we are trying to appear moderate to bible studies, but any active JW's better be DAMN SURE they DON'T or they'll be marched in the back room by elders questioning their spirituality)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, hubby drops me off at the BACK entrance of church. In case a member from his congregation (just down the street) saw him drop me off at the FRONT. A "brother" saw him that one time and asked him outright if he was attending. Because if he was well, then....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I bet those helpers become JWs once they hear the unassailable reasoning in the WT. LOL!! Here comes another Andre story!!

Why doesnt someone from JWN, who live in the are, try to contact these workers?? Tell them all about JWN and JWFacts.com. You know they are pissed about going. They may want to blog all about it! The WT needs more exposure!!

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

DD -

I looked up the care organization (I don't remember what i was called) when I saw the other thread on this topic. I found their contact information and sent an email urging them to provide any workers who might attend JW meetings with the jwfacts link, and cited the use of undue influence by JWs.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR THOSE WORKERS!!!!

If somebody can contact them, get them to learn all of the 'apostate' aka TTATT stuff, then when they are forced at the KH, to FREELY raise hands to give comments and to talk to everybody around them about all the TRUTH they learned about the KH.

Watch how fast that KH makes arrangements for the disabled brother or tries to kick them all out LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit