Most of my extended family have no idea my wife is a jw.

by marriedtoajw 11 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Yes, many people did not know my jw was one for a long time. After they found out their first response 9 times out of 10 was, "I thought he was smarter than that". sigh, explain cults, etc....

I also am always waiting for some shoe to drop on me and hate the feeling but have learned to live with it. Helps to come here and find out what is going on in the org.

Jgnat is right! do not point out what they are not supposed to be doing unless it is something obnoxious and annoying to you, ha! that works sometimes, I would elaborate but had to use it just recently so I shall leave the long list of no-no's to the readers imagination.

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

Thank you jnat, carla and steve. I think you guys are right across the board. I wont bring up the hypocricy although its been on the tip of my tongue lately. Since ive become so intimately aware now if all jwisms and doctrines i see thru so much of what use to cause bewilderment. I still hate this relugion and ive had such a hard time allowing myself to just let my wife just be a jw. I see the wrong in it but cant do a thing to help her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit