How do JW's know if their ministry is successful?

by Sour Grapes 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

In my hall there have been three individuals baptized in the past 2 years and

they are all children of JW families. We have quit a few pioneers so there is

not much to show for all of the hours being put in. Witnesses are being trained

to count sucess not by growth but by how many hours they put in and how many

magazines are placed and now how many tracts are placed. Years ago when there were

specialtract campaigns we never counted tracts but now it is important to do so. Counting

tacts is important because before too long I am guessing that the magazines will

not be offered door to door but tracts will. If witnesses were told that they no longer

have to turn in our hours the emotional let down would be overwhelming. The latest

thing for motivation is due to the latest tract drive you have encouraged people to turn

to the internet with the results of millions of hits on JW.Org. Everyone will feel good

even though there is no growth in the congregation.

Sour Grapes

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

The gfact that we obey the command of Christ makes our work "successful"- even if ALL pay no attention to us or scripture...

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I don't think success really matters to most JWs. Paradise and resurrection is what they think about Now. 200 years from now the JWs of that time will still think they are the truth while holding on to whatever version they have at the time. Sure JWs will say they do it for Jehovah but they all fall back to the same reason in the end. My mother in law knows it's all wrong but can't get past not seeing her dad again and missing paradise. That holds a lot I powet over JWs.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

My, don't you clowns EVER tire of telling me what I think?

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

he blunders of my brotherhood don't affect my faith since it DOESN'T rest on them...

• jam
    jam

Doc, what's with the name calling?????

• a watcher
    a watcher

"If witnesses were told that they no longer have to turn in our hours the emotional let down would be overwhelming."---Sour Grapes

I disagree. I think many would be glad to not have to turn in time anymore.

• jam
    jam

I think attendance would go up if they no longer had to

turn in time..

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Father was a JW for over 25 years. He never once convinced a single soul to sign up. Way to go Dad!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

JW ministy is considered a success if you put in a report with 20+ hours a month and 20+ literature placements, and 10+ rv's or bible studies....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit