Stubborn child

by bobld 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

Once she sets her mind on something there is no talking her out of it.

It is similar when a cult member posts on this forum.

• Viviane
    Viviane

How is a stubborn child the same as a cult member?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you can channel all of that stubbornness determination in the right direction, your child will become a very successful adult.

Doc

• Divergent
    Divergent

Agree with DOC. Do not be quick to be judgemental & affix a negative label on your child, but rather look for her positive qualities / talents & try to direct her determination towards that direction

Also, be patient with your child. Try NOT to raise your voice at her or nag her. It would DEFINITELY have the reverse effect. That's what it did to me. I would have been more inclined to listen to my parents as a teenager had they been more patient & understanding

Most importantly, keep the lines of comminication open & try to communicate more with your child in order to understand how she feels & the reasons for her actions. DON'T interrogate, just communicate. Try to talk to her as a FRIEND instead of talking down to her as a parent. She would be more inclined to open up to you if she views you as a friend

From your comment, I feel that you are trying to deal with the symptoms of the problem WITHOUT knowing the root cause of the problem. That is the reason why you are having little / no success

* FYI, the reason why I was a rebellious teenager was frustration. I was frustrated at having to live up to OTHER PEOPLE'S expectations of me while my own needs were ignored & I was not able to cultivate my abilities & talents to their full potential

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

"I love you no matter what. I'm proud of you!"

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit