Added to a fb group w/o permission

by ruderedhead 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I don't know if anyone here can assist me, I hope so. It's not an earth shattering problem compared to many on here, but I am bugged by it!

I have been added 2x to a Christian FB group w/o being asked by the same gentleman. We all know that FB sends you notification when someone adds you to a group, and who added you. The first time I was able to remove myself. This time I am unable to as the unjoin icon disappears every time I attempt to click on it. I finally messaged this person, asking him to please remove me. Easy enough. Instead he msgs me back about how he didn't add me, I could do it myself, just kind of rambling. I msgd him back, explaining the notification thing, the unjoin icon disappearing when I attempted to unjoin myself, perhaps he had found me on another xjw place. ( I think he had sent a friend request quite a while ago that I accepted, then unfriended him when he started adding me to groups w/o my permission) I asked him to please remove me again, and wished him well. It's an easy request, I was not being rude or nasty. INSTEAD, he says blame it on fb, and gives me his phone number and says I can call him to talk about it!!! WTH? I msgd back to please just honor the request and remove me as I am unable to myself.

He is still not removing me! I don't need to talk to him, that's kind of creepy! Any suggestions? I just don't want to be a part of this group, there is nothing wrong with it, I just don't want to belong!

• Simon
    Simon

Email facebook support ?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Generally, when I've been added unwillingly to FB groups, there is a "Leave Group" icon somewhere in the header. If you click it, you will also usually get an option to prevent anyone from re-adding you.

It sounds to me as if you are experiencing some sort of glitch in FB's software, so I'm with Simon here; request help from the experts.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Thank you, I will email fb support. I was unaware that I could email them.

The leave group icon kept disappearing, Madman, or I would have done it myself. Thank you both for responding!

Rudered

• stillin
    stillin

Nobody ever invites me anywhere. Could it be my breath?

• rebel8
    rebel8

stillin, I have added you to my Facebook group without your permission so you won't feel left out. It is called, "Happy with Halitosis Group".

Seriously though, FB friends can add you to groups and you can unjoin. https://www.facebook.com/help/147058305366686

This happened to me when that organization was ramping up...what's it called..AAWA or whatever. A person from this forum, whom I had been friendly with for years, added me to ex-jw groups twice without my permission. It shows up on your feed and page for all to see. The first time, I spoke with her about it, and while she did not understand why anyone would be concerned about this, she agreed not to do it. The 2nd time, I unfriended her.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I have some FB business pages and groups. FB was hacked this week, and has been down 2xs- lots of glitches. Just log out and in and try again.....slowly.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Funnily enough I had the exact same problem the other day. I had this group send me all these notifications from people I never knew. I don't know what button I pushed but I managed to leave the group. If only leaving the JWS was so easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit