"Jehovah Knows Those Who Belong to Him"

by lambsbottom 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

September 1-7, 2014 Watchtower (WT) Study

"Jehovah Knows Those Who Belong to Him"

I printed out the next study edition of the WT, which will be used this coming week. The first article starts on page 7. The article seems to focus on the Governing Body's (GB's) concern with apostasy in the modern day congregation. What is interesting about this article is that it focuses on apostasy that is not quite apparent to members of the Jehovah's Witnesses (JW) congregation.

For example, one paragraph mentions that, in Paul's day, "Certain professed Christians adopted false teachings; yet, they continued to associate with the congregation". The paragraph goes on to say that "To the casual observer, these apostates might not have been different from others in the congregation. But their apostasy presented a danger to faithful Christians".

I don't feel the need to quote a great deal of the article. One can simply read the article themselves. However, there are a few points that should be considered.

The article uses words such as "hypocritical worship", "a deceitful form of worship deliberately", "counterfeit Christians". So, it is obvious that these words are directed at some "in the congregation".

What is strange to me is that the article is quite vague. There is no reminder of what constitutes apostasy. Furthermore, It seems that the GB feels the need to warn JWs of apostates in their midsts. However, the article does not give modern examples or even confirm that this is the case. In fact, paragraph 15 directs JWs to not be suspicious.

It seems the whole article is meant to warn of apostates in the congreagation's midst. However, since Elders can easily Disfellowship (DF) members who are proven to be apostates ("Stubbornly holds to and spreads teachings" contrary to Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine), why is this necessary? Are there numerous active JWs who are rejecting recent changes, or even standard JW doctrine, and voicing this to friends and/or family?

The WT is also warning against apostates that are "allowed to remain in the congregation" So, if there are known apostates in the congregation one may wonder why they would be allowed to remain.

Have many faithful JWs voiced concerns over changed teachings? If they were guilty of spreading these teachings, they would have definitely been DF'd. However, has the quiet questioning and disagreeing over certain doctrine caused them to be labeled as having "apostate tendencies"?

• Calebs Airplane
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Jw's are they apostates.

• Paris
    Paris

Creating suspicion and paranoia is the stock and trade of the WT. This will backfire on them because each witness depending on how stupid and really ignorant they are, has their own version of the "truth" in their head and they never think anyone is as good as they are. Witnesses make up little rules on top of the rules. Hopefully this rebellious underground they speak of, is many many people.

• LP97
    LP97

It's fairly obvious there are divisions and disagreements over doctrines and decisions within most congregations, but these ideas and concerns are kept silent.

It's propbably why "spiritual talk" like the WT promotes before and after meeting is very limited and kept to a minimum - people do not want to express their true feelings.

• designs
    designs

Freddy Franz's mantra was- 'keep in lock-step with the Organization'.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's the same old dumb stuff. Double- speak and loaded language, all meant to frighten the sheeple. The GB want the sheep scared and suspicious of anyone who would dare say anything critical ( even something true ) about the ORG. When the Pedo lawsuits hit, the sheeple must have the knee- jerk reaction of sticking to Mother.

Good point about "apostates" being allowed to remain in the Congregation. WTH?!?! I wonder if there are large numbers of people fading away, but not doing anything overt? Maybe the Elders can't prosecute? It seems that Eldubs can DF someone easily, but maybe that is changing?? The WTBTS has enough legal problems as it is. Who knows, maybe Eldubs are washing their hands of certain issues because the realize that they are going to be left swinging in the wind?

What better way to avoid future legal issues ( perhaps over defamation ) that to make up some BS about Jeehoober allowing apostates to remain in the KH?? Faders can still be judged in the court of JW public opinion and ostracized. If they stand up for themselves and cause issues, THEN you DF them. The sheeple will just figure that it was Jeehoober's time to remove them from the CONGO. All the dubs will say," See how Jeehoober takes care of everything if we just wait on him?"

DD

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They rant about something all the time. They are apostate, not me. I believe in Christ. They do not.

• Ding
    Ding

Sounds to me like a dumbed down warning against independent thinking...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is the typical method of creating suspicion and fear...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit