The org should stump up for Ashya King's treatment

by Mickey mouse 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

All the JWs on my Facebook news feed are defending the family vigorously and rightly so IMO. If the Watchtower had any sense they would step up and offer to pay for Ashya's treatment. That would do far more for their profile than their website publicity campaign. I'm sure they could spare a few bob.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You'd think it was an ideal opportunity wouldn't you.......

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Unfortunately if they did this, they would need to do it for everyone...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That's actually a good idea. They would convince people with actions more than with a website.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That would be a good public relations exercise no doubt .

However it would open up a pandorras box to" Oh " so many needy and worthwhile assistance from brothers and sisters worldwide .

Since when have the Jehovahs Witness religion ever cared about any individual family and helped them finacially ? , they never have because they would have to carry through and help every family in need in their organisation .

Imagine that cost and burden.

The Jehovahs Witness religion is only interested in preaching the word according to their interpretation and nothing else , period .

They have no schools

They have no hospitals

They have no provisions for homeless , disadvantaged , aged care , or anybody else in society who are not jehovahs witnesses .

They dont even look after their own let alone outsiders .

Christendoms religions put them to shame for the help and assistance and care that they give to those in need in society.

smiddy

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

That was exactly my thought - they certainly have enough money!

• bemused
    bemused

Can't see any way they would do this. It would be implicitly approving the science, research and eduction that goes into developing new treatments.

Furthermore, if the treatment doesn't make any difference, they can be painted as anti-medical establishment because the doctors have already said the treatment will not help in this case.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I am sure these wonderful parents would have discussed this thought.

Maybe like me they realised the difference between " should" and " have".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit