Pedophilia -- WT Coverup?

by accuracy 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwsons
    jwsons

The allegation of sex or child abuse only to be considered when it has two eye-witnesses(WACOtower and DARK Society quote 1 Cor. 6:1, 5-7). So there is no case as such. WACOtower never has any molestation victim. Ough !

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

What the WTS preaches in the magazines is very different to what their 'actions' have been in child molestation cases. My family was a victim of the WTS in 1994. We were not allowed to contact the authorities. If it wouldn't have happened to my very own family, I would not believe it. We all know that lies originat with Satan then WHy is Mario Moreno lying about the WTS past actions. If my sister decides to press charges against the WTS, the congregation and her father, my stepfather, I hope that both my brother and my uncle, who are elders, continue to speak with ALL the truth when they get subpoened into court. Since they are so righteous they will have to testify that they we, "our family" was prohibited from going to the authorties. If they lie, I will have to remember that all 'lies' originate from satan.
    If the society made "lots" of mistakes, the bible says that need to make corrections in their mistakes. They need to mend their mistakes. If Mario Moreno keeps lyeing, he's going to have to tell more lies to cover the ones he's already said.
    I never thought the WTS would come out and LIE. It is just awful!
    What do you do when ALL that you onced believed in IS shattered right in front of your eyes? What do you do when your little sister wakes up crying and screaming from the nightmares when her father, a witness, raped her? How can the society live with all of these burdens? THe elder told us, "You can't go to the authorities; Jehovah will take care of it within time". Jehovah is taking care of it right now. Imagine Jehovah's sadness because of all the harm that was done to thousands of children. Imagine his disgust at the WTS for not protecting innocent children by complying with state laws and reporting abusers to the authorities.

THe fact is that thousands of child molesters, that at one time were or are witnesses were not turned over to the authorities. Many of these people were disfellowshiped but that IS not enough. Aren't we told that we need to abide Caesars laws?

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

In addition, a local elder, and both my brother and uncle told me that at Elder School, the last most recent one, they were told that they, the elders, NOW, Can not stop families from notifying the authorties of Child molestation cases.

This is new info to all elders around the world. So this means some part of the 'regulations' were changed late last year or early this year.

If they had to be changed, what were the old regulations? Was it what was done to my family?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Watchtower teaches that salvation is dependant, not only upon what we say but on what we DO.

Sauce for the goose...

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

"What do you do when your little sister wakes up crying and screaming from the nightmares when her father, a witness raped her?"

• RR
    RR

Ded, you tell her, "serves you right for having nightmares, you should have called out to Jehovah, but you didn't so now suffer."

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Quote,

"Well-trained children learn to obey and honor their parents, the elders, and other adults. (Ephesians 6:1, 2; 1 Timothy 5:1, 2; Hebrews 13:7) It would be a shocking perversion if one of these authority figures were to misuse that child’s innocent trust so as to seduce or force him or her to submit to sexual acts. Those who have been sexually molested in this way often struggle for years to overcome the resulting emotional trauma. Hence, a child molester is subject to severe congregational discipline and restrictions."

ACCURACY,

Bingo!!! It is a "shocking perversion" for those authority figures to misuse an innocent child's trust. So why then is the consequence "severe congregational discipline and restrictions"? Do you mean to tell me that Jehovah and Jesus would simply want them to not be allowed to answer, pioneer, go in service, or serve as a MS or elder? Please!!! Where is the justice in that? These are small children whose total lives are messed up because someone abused them sexually when they were little. That affects them emotionally, mentally, physically, socially, sexually--every aspect of their lives for the rest of their life!

If you are in an organization who is truly out for the good of the child, then there would be no way they would simply slap the hands of the offenders by only disciplining them thru the congregation. The elders are not trained in pedophilia, and therefore are not be qualified to give any sort of counseling--either to the victim or to the offender.

Quote:

"Whereas the present WTS policy may be in need of updating and upgrading, it is simply not true that the WTS has at any time advocated the protection of pedophiles."

ACCURACY,

If they don't protect them, then why haven't they come forward with their long list of names of people who came to them with abuse cases? Why didn't they go to the police? Why are some of them still serving in the congregation, or at the very least, just df'd? Many states even have laws that it is public knowledge when a convicted sex offender is living in the area. That is so the community can be aware--and protect and inform their children. Why haven't the Jw's done that?

FYI, the Oxford Dictionary defines "protect": 1 (often followed by FROM, AGAINST) keep (a person, thing, etc.) safe; defend; guard (goggles protected her eyes from dust; guards protected the military base).

Where is the protection of all these children? It keeps happening!!! They are not "keeping a person safe, defending, or guarding". They are hiding, covering up, and "discipling in the congregation". No thanks, I don't care for their protection, and from my readings of the scriptures, neither would Jehovah or Jesus.

Becky

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

thought you might want to keep your "work" up there on page one
    non / accuracy /should I name names?

• Jacinta
    Jacinta

Written words do not take away the fact that there have been many cases of sexual abuse covered up. I am one of those cases. 5 years of my life were taken away and the people who did it were put on private reproof. Would you trust your child with that same 'brother' and 'sister'??? They could be sitting next to you at your next meeting. THINK about it. READ your BIBLE, NOT the literature.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

the practice of judicial committees in absence of any public is surely wrong.the jews and early christians had it public, open for everyone. there was given the chance of many witnesses who felt involved or knowing something.
    today the JC's are a fake as 3 men are accusers and the "sinner" has no chance. or does he?
    and the wise counsel "contact the 'legal department' is , of course , logical a revelation of a society that searches opportunities.
    Opportunists always look for their chances - not for chances of a person.
    the latest letter to the BOE shows a 180° change as they say molestion is a crime and the elders may not hold back anyone to go to the police. But I'm sure - as the order is given to call the legal department, that this recommend is only a Wolga-village and the legal department depends on silence is golden.
    how many sacrified children have been put on this altar of silence while the evildoers are in their honored position?
    Bill Bowen, I have respect in regard to your brave deeds. Barbara, I wish you further encouragement. Dont bow your knees before any of those apparatchicks. give the honor to god and keep those in mind who are 'am harez', the lowest.
    There is a situation that must be understood that the slave hits his bretheren.
    The bill is not too far I hope.
    elders are nothing in regard to an innocent child. And an org is contraproductive when it protects molesters by demanding 2 witnesses whre never a second one is. molesters do it in absence of anyone.
    hard stuff but not so hard like the life of a molested child.
    is there a chance to get the video downloade - the one from dateline? here in europe this seems to be impossible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit