Please help me get through to my mother!!!!!

by dissedsis 16 Replies latest jw friends

• dissedsis
    dissedsis

Hey blacksheep email me cause I would really like to talk to you about this farther. My father was also an unbeliever and now he will sit and cry and talk to me about how he wished he had stepped in and took us kids out of that situation. He is behind me 100%, problem is he is still with my mother.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

I agree with Francois on this issue.

Look dissedsis, if you don't make a stand for yourself and protect your kids, then your "dear momma" will take over by replacing you with her and hijack your kids' minds. She will teach your kids to "hate" for being an "apostate".

If you're mother is still hateful toward you, what effect will it have on your kids? Believe me that "hate" will be spread to your kids. Also, if your mother is still hateful towards you, why will you still let her visit you and your family?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, dissedsis. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF! SHE, LIKE THE WBTS AND OTHER CULTS, IS BULLYING YOU ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. IF YOU LET THE BULLY GET AWAY, HE/SHE WILL CONTINUE WITH THE BULLYING.

Either take the same approach that Francois did: Make your mother clear on: "WHO IS THE BOSS REGARDING EDUCATING AND RAISDNG YOUR KIDS?" OR
    Cut off ties with her.

I apologize if I am writing in Caps, but I feel that you've been TOO NICE to someone who's hateful toward you.

Regards,

AjaxMan

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

blacksheep....

something I have noticed about the usual "unbelieveing" spouse. They really have NO idea what the JW'S are about. Many have no idea that if there kids get hurt badly they will get "no-blood" uless the unbelieveing spouse is there to ok it. They have very little if any idea what is being taught by the WT. I think you have a case of many people thinking that it is just another church...you know like the baptist one down the street or the Catholic one on the otherside of town.

• dissedsis
    dissedsis

hey frust.... My dad did know cause my mom has made him go to the meetings with her in the past. My father is also a very wealthy man and when all this bull shit came out in 1975(?) about the end of the world coming to an end and that everyone needed to sell all that they owned the elders came down hard on my mom and father considering he was so wealthy. When I was born I had to have a blood transfusion and my father over ruled my mother in this decision. But... Dad really became upset at my Judicial Meeting cause of the very very inappropriate way that these grown men(elders) were quizing me about my sexual experiances. My dad is now known to my mother as the "king apostate" but yet the dumb bitch is still with him!!!!

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

(looking beaten down)...wow...

• Scully
    Scully

dissedsis writes:

Well, I have talked to my mother before and told her how I feel but she still harps on me in knowing that it is the "truth".

"You know it's The Truth™" is a belief that empowers her to abuse you mentally, emotionally and verbally. This is where you have to stop her.

You can say things like:
    Every Muslim and every Jew and every Catholic believes they have The Truth™ too.
    David Koresh and Jim Jones referred to their teachings as The Truth™.
    I do NOT believe JWs have The Truth™ and I never will.
    They do not have love.
    They teach lies. "Theocratic War Strategy" is a fundamental doctrine.
    They protect child molesters and silence their victims.

Again, I implore you, to make it clear to her that you will not allow her to verbally bully you and manipulate your children with shallow displays of false affection. When she starts, get up and walk away. Take your children with you. Don't say a word. She's behaving irrationally, so put her on a time-out until she's willing to behave decently.

Love, Scully

• Preston
    Preston

I don't know about you guys but when I read posts like this one by dissedsis, it only motivates me further to never go back. The one fallacy in your mother's reasoning is that she thinks that the longer she annoys the hell ot of you, the more likely you'll return.

I remember when I told my elder body I was gay right before I left. Since I refused to tell them about my sex life they had nothing on me. Still, even they didn't act like some spoiled little kid who feels that thgey have to get her way or else! I think it's fitting when people describe the Org as some kind of perpetual childhood where everyone doesn't have to think for themselves, and everyone is taken care of.

Your Mom will have to realize herself how important it is to respect your beliefs. It always craacks me up when I see Scully put that little Trademark symbol after she mentions "The Truth". Scully's right, JW's think they have a monopoly on Bible truth, when really, they don't even have a monopoly on religious truth. It amazes me that most (not all, but most) Christians have this superiority complex about how their religion is the right one and the other religions are "pagan" and wrong... Well, I consider eating crackers and grape juice as a symbol of eating Christ's flesh and blood to be a pretty superstitious and pagan ritual myself. Just cause it's done in a sanitized locale and in an organized way doesn't make it different from or superior to the more "pagan" rituals of other religions.

Right now, your mother has to realize that she's caught in some kind of spiritual arrested development and she has to move out of that if she expects to be close to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit