Michael Jackson is ....

by morrisamb 14 Replies latest forum announcements

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Is Michael Jackson disfellowshipped?

An Elder visited my Witness mother earlier this week and told her, "He is definitely disfellowshipped?" Now it wouldn't surpise me but I've never seen this confirmed anywhere. Maybe I'm just out of the loop?

• patricia
    patricia

http://www.freeminds.org/african/african.htm

According to this site which quotes a Nov 2001 interview with Michael and TV Guide, he still claims to be going door to door in disguise. The organizaton never really gave an answer when asked if he was df or da. I'm sure the contributions Michael was making to the society might allow him a little slack in the judicial area.

Just a note of interest, this site also talks about the William sisters still being JW's even though they participated in the Olympics and were on the podium while the national athems were being played.

• flower
    flower

lol patricia, a few months back one of the tabloids had pictures venus williams making out in public with her boyfriend.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks Patricia. I didn't even know that about the Williams sisters although it does explain a lot. Isn't it strange how you'll meet someone and think they're different, I wonder if they're...

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I was in the org when all that Michael Jackson stuff was going on. I remember my ex-husband who was an elder said that they received a letter from the society that said that Michael was to be treated like he was DF'd but because of backlash from the world they would not publically announce that he was DF'd. I really think that they were afraid of a lawsuit. Figure Michael sure has the money to give them a really hard time.

Does anyone remember his sister LaToya when she came out and said that her father had molested her for many years and her JW mother knew it and condoned it? Maybe Silent Lambs should get ahold of her.
    Leslie

• patricia
    patricia

According to an interview quoted at the aforementioned site, Venus at least is a JW. She talks about going from door-to-door when they were young and about the importance the society puts on "good association".
    She claims to still be a JW. I know when she won her first title, at the press conference following the win she gave thanks to "Jehovah", and everyone wondered then.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Leslie, yes I remember. A lot of people make fun of Michael and he certainly has given them a realm of material to work with, but I also look at him with sadness. I don't believe he molested children. His mistake was paying money to silence the accusations.
    King of pop? More like the life of a tragic princess. I think his upbringing has everything to do with the bizarre life he lives now.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

From what I remember, from talking to brothers from bethel back in the mid 80's, the society felt they couldn't touch MJ because he was so much in the limelight and didn't want to bring undue attention to the situation. I suspect his money had a lot to do with it, personally. Anyway, I remember a news article in the fall of 1987 (I believe) where it was reported that MJ disassociated himself.

• Mulan
    Mulan

The Williams sisters are not baptized, but do attend meetings, according to people who used to go to that KH, before they became like all of us. The Mom is a dub, but not the Dad.

We saw the mom in Bloomingdales in Boca Raton last week. I recognized her from photos in People mag. She is REALLY tall and elegant looking.

As I recall, Michael Jackson disassociated himself back in the late 80's, as Dazed said.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• LDH
    LDH

That TV guide article was a sham and I've lost whatever little credibility I had in them.

He never granted that interview, they just bit and pieced it together from other interviews.

In fact, his remarks about the door to door work were YEARS old.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit