Family Ties

by somebody 16 Replies latest jw friends

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Thanks Somebody,
    Interesting how they slyly twist the words.
    Englishman,
    They base disfellowshiping and disassociating and the subsequent actions on 1 Corinthians 5 and 3 John.
    Interesingly the wording is applied to "anyone who calls himself a brother", which IMO, would automatically disqualify it from applying to anyone in this position.
    I for one do not want to discuss religion or my personal beliefs with my JW family. I just want to have normal family relations.
    What could possibly be wrong with discussing every day things.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Simon and Anhgarhad (I never can spell her name right ,
    I hope this meeting goes the way you want it to. We will be thinking of you on Friday. Good Luck!!
    TW

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks TW

We'll keep you posted

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Thank Angharad,
    Please do!!!!!
    TW

• Gozz
    Gozz

Thinker,

"Satan's influence through the disfellowshiped member of the family will be to cause the other member or members of the family who are in the truth to join the disfellowshiped member in his course or in his position toward God's organization. To do this would be disastrous, and so the faithful family member must recognize and conform to the disfellowship order. How would or could this be done while living under the same roof or in personal, physical contact daily with the disfellowshiped? In this way: By refusing to have religious relationship with the disfellowshiped."

Thinker, you fail to take into account the range of 'sins' people can be disfellowshipped for. Do you imply that all DFed ones have taken a stand against God? And what does it exactly mean to be "disfellowshipped? Answer from the bible. And for what sins are people to be disfellowshipped. You must take care not to overstep Jehovah's requirements as stated in the bible. I just wonder, when you read Revelation Chapter 2 and the reaction of the resurrected Jesus to the false prophetess, how do you feel about acts of disfellowshipping at the instance of fallible humans? There is only a thin line between the practices associated with DFshipping and assault.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Hi Gozz,
    Just to clear a matter up. My husband (Thinker) does not in any way agree with shunning. He is not a JW. If you will look at his post again, these are quotes from the Watchtower's pubs.
    I believe he was trying to show the ridiculousness of such rules. Hope that helps.
    TW

• somebody
    somebody

nelly, if that was you who sent me the e-mail, THANK YOU! I apprecaite it. keep it coming!

I appreciate all other comments too. And I DO read them. I'm just one of those people that have to keep up and try and calm down and think, before I reply.

thank you ALL,
    somebody

Edited by - somebody on 22 February 2001 18:23:40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit