Stephen Lett (Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses) Publicly Counsels Politicians During Convention Keynote Address In Africa

by jwleaks 29 Replies latest jw friends

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

In 20 years time, this public admonition will be declared the 8th trumpet blast or something like that

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I love Lett, he helped to wake me up a few years ago and his comments I'm sure will continue to wake up more.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Spectre: I was promised a few things by the WT. Do I get to vote the GB out?

Ooh! Good one. I was promised eternal life in a panda-petting paradise and I was told in black-and-white terms (and I have it in writing) that I would have received the reward by the year 2000 at the latest. However, here it is - almost 2015 - and I find myself living a life of drudgery, with my body beginning to wear down. Blind hypocrites. Remove the boulders from your eyes before you go pointing out grains of sand in the eyes of others.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JWDaughter: As soon as JWs have the all clear to vote, then they can complain about politicians not doing what they were voted in to do!

Exactly !

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Well when you are the Lord of World you can say anything you want even chastise politicians. Are are governing body members getting more political or has it always been like that?

• blondie
    blondie

Well, they have consistently said that god would come soon and destroy the governments.

*** w12 5/1 p. 7 What Should Christians Do Today? ***

What, then, will happen to man-made governments? The Bible answers that the governments “of the entire inhabited earth” will be destroyed. (Revelation 16:14; 19:19-21)

*** w04 2/1 p. 17 par. 17 Jehovah Provides Our Daily Needs ***

Since the instrument for accomplishing this is the Messianic Kingdom, we pray for the Kingdom to come to destroy all imperfect human kingdoms, or governments, and to ensure that God’s will takes place fully as in heaven also upon earth.

*** w92 3/15 p. 6 What God’s Kingdom Can Mean to You ***

What are lovers of God requesting when they pray for his Kingdom to come? They are actually asking that the heavenly Kingdom take decisive action by destroying man-made governmental systems that have failed to live up to their promise of bringing about true peace and prosperity

*** w83 5/15 p. 9 What Will God’s Kingdom Do? ***

Think about that! God’s Kingdom is going to destroy all present governments of the world. And when you pray, “Thy kingdom come,” you are praying for this to happen. Yet surely such a change is needed. Never in history has a human government been completely satisfactory. So what could be better than to have a perfect government by God replace all human governments!

*** w63 3/15 p. 166 What Does the “Lord’s Prayer” Mean to You? ***

Through the centuries and down to this day wicked earthly governments have not only proved incapable of carrying out this will of God, but they have dishonored and reproached Jehovah’s name. Therefore, Christians pray for God’s kingdom to come against them and destroy them

*** w55 8/1 p. 462 Part 15—Foreign Activities Under Fascist-Nazi Persecution ***

Because of this unwarranted persecution a world campaign of protest was arranged by the Society for October 7, 1934. Notwithstanding the government’s order, every congregation in Germany did meet together on the night of October 7, when, after a solemn prayer to Jehovah, there was dispatched to the Hitler government in Berlin a resolution of protest signed by the local congregation of Jehovah’s witnesses. United in spirit on this same night, congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses in fifty countries met likewise in prayer to Jehovah followed by each group’s sending a cable of protest addressed to the Hitler government as follows: “Your ill-treatment of Jehovah’s witnesses shocks all good people of earth and dishonors God’s name. Refrain from further persecuting Jehovah’s witnesses; otherwise God will destroy you and your national party.”

*** kc chap. 4 p. 36 par. 16 The Kingdom ‘Comes’—from Where? ***

What does this mean for us today? It means that when we pray for God’s kingdom to “come,” we are in fact petitioning that the heavenly kingdom use its destructive power in crushing all man-made governments, which have failed so miserably to bring in peace and prosperity. Happily, that “stone,” on completing its mission of destruction, will itself grow into a governmental mountain that fills the whole earth. It will bring peace such as mankind has not known since the days of King Solomon, “the abundance of peace until the moon is no more”—which means forever!—Psalm 72:7.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Grossly hypocritical to be chiding politicians for not honouring voters expectations when your own religious followers are instructed not to vote. Disgusting hypocrisy.

What would the elders think of a local JW writing a letter to their local newspaper criticising local politicians for not honouring election promises?

• jam
    jam

Yes, an hypocrite Big time. Do we remember the little incident

in Malawi..Next he will be complaining , folks need to give

more blood to the Red Cross, WE (JW's) need blood fractions.....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes, an hypocrite Big time.

Yes a lot of compartmentalization going on in this man's psyche so much so that he can't see the hypocrisy of his statments calling out the politicians for not keeping promises and the issues of trusting in human governments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)

Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.

Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states. [1]....

Vulnerability [ edit ]

Compartmentalization may lead to hidden vulnerabilities in those who use it as a major defense mechanism. [6]

Those suffering from borderline personality disorder will often divide people into all good versus all bad, to avoid the conflicts removing the compartments would inevitably bring, usingdenial or indifference to protect against any indications of contradictory evidence. [7]

Using indifference towards a better viewpoint is a normal and common example of this. It can be caused by someone having used multiple compartment ideals and having been uncomfortable with modifying them, at risk of being found incorrect. This often causes double-standards, and bias. [

• jam
    jam

Bless his heart, the guy is a borderline nut case. So sad, these are the people

that are anointed to feed the sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit