Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 08-31-2014 WT Study (FULL POTENTIAL)

by blondie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Why not recognize some of the dead wood that have been neglected thru the years. Great job, Blondie.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Par. 10 said, "On the other hand, failure to give fitting recognition to such brothers may stifle their desire to reach out for more responsibilities, something that God’s Word encourages them to do. —1 Tim. 3:1."

So why is it that fitting recognition is NEVER given? If the intentional failure to give recognition stifles something that God's word encourages, then haven't they/elders made invalid the word of God by their refusal to recognize brothers/sisters good qualities?

It would be like throwing a bucket of water on a fire, and then blaming the fire for going out. Hypocrites!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am progressing through the TMS school from which I can never graduate. This propels me forward towards the chance of the prospect of everlasting life.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Did the GB really put their picture in...AGAIN????? WTH???

DD

• scotoma
    scotoma

You came back with a good article to critique.

It is such a brazenly sexist article. The first paragraph was enough to make any modern woman throw it in the garbage.

The paragraph that got me was 18

"Sylvie, who has been serving

at Bethel in France for years, commented

that sisters can have a share in

commending brothers. She noted that

women may appreciate different details

or efforts that they observe. Thus their

“words of encouragement can complement

what experienced brothers say.”

The real truth is that brothers are really out to impress the sisters. Developing public speaking is rooted in the male drive to mate = just like learning to play the guitar and sing or roar about on a noisy Harley.

It's the male trying to seduce females. Brothers could care less about other brothers compliments. They will put the highest value on the attractive sister that compliments them.

1 Samuel 18:7

6 It happened as they were coming, when David returned from killing the Philistine, that the women came out of all the cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet King Saul, with tambourines, with joy and with musical instruments. 7 The women sang as they played, and said, "Saul has slain his thousands, And David his ten thousands." 8 Then Saul became very angry, for this saying displeased him; and he said, "They have ascribed to David ten thousands, but to me they have ascribed thousands. Now what more can he have but the kingdom?"…

Brothers learn early in their teens that if they give good talks they will have a shot at getting a "hot" sister. And like David if you get too many sisters admiring you the elders will find a way to cut you down to size.

• blondie
    blondie

Just in case you might once have read my Comments, I started up again.

• zeb
    zeb

I am a male sorry about that but I recall a time when i mentioned the good that certain women in the Bible were noted for. I had prepd and had a short list. Well my comments went over like lead balloon. Not to many fav comments from sisters either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit