WHO would Jesus Christ DIS-FELLOWSHIP? A look at the problem of DF-ing

by Terry 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fernando
    Fernando

Matt 23 (esp v15) suggests Jesus was particularly fond of religious leaders.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jesus would not disfellowship anyone. Did you notice that Judas was still around in the gospels? He asked for repentance and a change of heart. Do better in the future. He sought out tax collectors and other pariahs of Jewish society. I never could believe Jesus would pull Armageddon. YHWH certainly would. There was one forbidden act in the Episcopal Diocese. To deny anyone Holy Communion was the biggest sin. One day I found a vodoo candle in the Cathedral. The RCs have a big problem. I wanted some sort of study group. The Dean said to leave it alone b/c God could take it. God can take beer cans in church.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The WT org has taken the first 11 verses of John 8 entirely out of their newest 2013 bible!

Sunny ... They did include it in the past version as a footnote while indicating that the account doesn't appear in the oldest manuscripts. This time perhaps they just wanted to save on ink and paper so left it out. I think it should have been left in even as a footnote, but at the same time, the oldest manuscripts of John also seem to leave it out. Interesting history over this account.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There are several places with excess text. The reader should have a chance to decide how relevant the text is. My translations mention that not all manuscripts contain certain verses and then the dubious verses are quoted.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

BOTR:

"There are several places with excess text. The reader should have a chance to decide how relevant the text is. My translations mention that not all manuscripts contain certain verses and then the dubious verses are quoted."

I agree.

I was disappointed that the WT saw fit to change tradition and delete the passage entirely.

It should be, and always was, a part of the discussion of what Jesus was about, the idea of forgiveness and hypocrisy.

• sunny23
    sunny23

This time perhaps they just wanted to save on ink and paper

Save 1/3 of one side of one page of text and put in several pages of color images in the back? I think conserving a miniscule amount of text was not even thought of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit