" Sayings and Quotes" Thread.

by new hope and happiness 22 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I wad thinking how certain quotes and sayings have such a positive effect on our life. So i thought a quotes and sayings thread could be very inspirational.It would be nice if the saying or quote isn't origional to quote the author.

"Not untill we are lost do we begin to understand ourselfs" Henry David Thoreau.

" Better to never start, Once started better finnish" The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior.

" Health is Wealth" Source a friend once said.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I like the idea of this thread very much. Thank you for posting it. Please let me add one of my favorite quotes:

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

" I can not offord to waste my life making money." Louice Agassi.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

"Ain't no stoppin' till the panties start droppin'" haha sorry couldnt help myself

on a serious note, i like this one: "morality is doing what is right regardless of what you're told. religion is doing what you're told regardless of what is right"

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"One of the best ways of enslaving people is to keep them from education. The second way of enslaving people is to suppress the source of information, not only by burning books but by controlling the ways in which ideas are transmitted." - Eleanor Roosevelt, May 11, 1943

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest”
    -Emile Zola

Take care,

Ismael

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

" forgive them they know not they do" Jesus.

Although not a religiouse person i have found trying to live by the above quote has made me a much more happy and content person.

• Terry
    Terry

Being ever the Narcisist, I like to go through old threads of mine to cull the occasional witty or deft comment.

Among them:

Spirituality is the state of mind which creates a condition confusing one's imagination with reality itself.

When this dissonance is discovered the truly Spiritual person gets really pissy!

I don't think the absence of good is evil and I don't think evil exists for us to appreciate what is good.

I think almost anything pandering to our unrealistic wishful thinking makes us greedy enough to believe a lie.

The WTS is just one of a great many lies in life we choose to believe because it makes us feel good (until it makes us feel bad).

Look in the mirror the next morning after a drinking (or other). Ask yourself if you want to look that way permanently. Keep it up and you will!

If there is such a thing as a rhetorical question; does that mean there are rhetorical answers?

(And...was this one?)

Men are like dogs; understand dogs and you understand men.

Men like predictability, treats and a firm place in the order of things.

A man’s place (so he believes) is in charge of the order of things.

Men don't want to reason with you they want to be right.

Men wanting the "last word" is like the dog peeing on a tree. He leaves his marker on the conversation as "his territory".

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

"The more I know about people, the better I like my dogs" Mark Twain

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Wow Terry your posts and achivements have taught me " You can if you think you can"

What i learnt from being on the board today :-

" judge not be not judged" for an athiest i am sure adding a lot Jesus quotes.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Men don't want to reason with you, they want to be right" - Terry Walstrom. And that statement, Terry, succinctly describes a large portion of the people that post here. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit