How many did you, personally, entrap in the Borg ?

by Phizzy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

In my nearly 60 years in the religion, although I "studied" with a good number, I cannot think of any who could lay the blame at my door for being in the religion today.

One lad possibly might, I studied with him briefly as he was trying to get off drugs, he then moved away, and then married a "sister" a few years later, and is still in, but I doubt he would blame me, I hope not.

Of the others I studied with none are still in, the last I heard of one of them, a weirdo kid, now weirdo man, was when he was arrested for "Flashing" in a local spot frquented by Doggers etc. I guess I was a useless "Tutor". As it happens, that is one of the things I am proud to be a failure at, getting people to join a cult.

I always tried to not do proper R.V's, and never suggested a "Study" to anyone, but some, like Weirdo, were shoved my way by Elders who didn't want the work themselves.

How many are you guilty of getting in to the cult ?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Luckily, I never had any "success" in my ministry. When I was in my early teens I studied with a couple people (now, I realize how completely absurd it is to think of it in those terms....a 14 yr old studying with a 30 yr old woman) but they always seemed to move away after a couple months, or they'd stop answering the door. I now suspect that they just had a friend over to answer the door at our normal time to call to tell us that they'd moved. Luckily, it seems, everyone I met was smart enough to see the cult for what it is.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

in my 35 yrs in as an adult, not a one. knocking on mostly empty doors here in rural pa, couldnt even keep my own two children intrested, cant blame them

never being good enough for the other kids who parents had higher incomes.

now having higher income, still doesnt matter. no one has time for freinds, after all,

every availiable morsel of spare time we find we were expected to sacrifice to the org.

sigh, what dum dums we were.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I influenced a few.

And the karma came back and bit me bad.

I think I am paid up and even or in a positive karma position.

• blondie
    blondie

If you were a true believer when you studied with someone who eventually was baptized...don't hold it against yourself or others in a similar situation. If though you have learned TTATT, it is different. I found ways to fake "witnessing" and to use valid reasons (my health) to avoid door to door. I even found ways to carefully negative witness and not get in trouble. I eventually left totally and now in my small way I try to help people leave.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Thankfully none. I didn't have much luck in the ministry. I placed magazines and such but no bible studies. I remember when I started finding out the TTATT, I got a bible study ironically. I couldn't tell if it was a sign from Jehovah or a coincidence. But I only studied with him once before feeling guilty over trying to recruit someone while I was doubting. He moved somewhere else soon after. I don't regret it at all.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At least four, and we've already felt the pre-emptive shunning from a couple of them even though we are only spiritually weak, inactive publishers.

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sorry to hear that Doc, you kind of get close to those you study with, so for them to act that way is painful, I know.

I am similar to Blondie in one regard, when I was just waking up, inactive, and not attending meetings, a M.S asked if I would go along on a "Study" with him,. I agreed, I really don't know why, or even why he asked me, he knew many of my views, it was strange, going to call on this guy when I knew I was no longer a JW.

I think the MS, bless his misguided thoughts, imagined it was away to get me back in.

I was able to say to the guy we studied with, that after all the years I had spent in, I had decided the only way forward was to be what I called a "Scientific Christian", in other words, I would accept nothing without solid proof.

I was also able to show where the book we were using was out of date, and also in error. (The Creator book).

I don't know what effect this had on the guy, I hope it helped him forward to getting shot of the cult.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

One

Although I don't feel like I entraped anyone. If one chose to become JW it was their call.

CP

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

None. Those that I studied with soon as I learned TTATT I went to them all and Un-studied with them. Not a single one now has anything to do with the Borg. They all teach TTATT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit