Parents remove child from hospital fearing blood transfusion?

by Randomthoughts 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• galaxie
    galaxie

Bbc news just reported a statement from jws ...that family are JWs and medical decisions are personal joice and JWs always seek best madical care??!!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Yes, medical decisions are a personal choice, but some choices indicate that you have chosen to disassociate yourself and you will be shunned.

Let's hope that Ashya's family show some natural affection and get the child the medical attention he needs so urgently.....

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Interesting. More info. here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737458/BREAKING-NEWS-Police-launch-major-investigation-boy-5-brain-tumour-snatched-hospital-parents.html

It may not be the blood issue at all, given the reported nature of his illness (he's already undergone one operation). I suspect the motivation for taking him away was to have one last family vacation. Of course, I could be wrong. I just hope the boy is found and given the medical care he needs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree. It may not be a JW related issue in fairness.

I still want the GB to face trial crimes against humanity and be given the highest possible penalty. To that end this kind of thing should be possibly held against them for their mind control that leads to such dangerous behavious.

Having said that......................people are people when all is said and done irrespective of religion. There are plenty of non JWs out there just as screwed up.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So... from knowing nothing about this I have spoken to someone I know in the congregation where this family is in Portsmouth.

Apparently the poor child has been sick for a while and the congregation has been providing alot of support. It's a large family and the mother has been pretty much 24/7 at the hospital and the dad has been there everyday as well. The congregation have been supporting the family and taking care of the other kids, providing food, going to the hospital etc.

From what I understand, there is no court order and blood is not the issue. The poor boy had a major brain operation and he has not been able to recognise anyone or communicate in anyway since. The prognosis is poor. Regarding the reason for taking the child, even those who have beein in daily contact do not know. No one knows where they are heading or why. The phrase used was "the parents are distraught and desperate". Everyone close to the situation wants the parents to return.

There is clearly much more that will come to light but it does seem that this is a unilateral decision on the part of "distraught and desperate" parents. The priority is the child but my sympathy goes beyond the poor. sick child and to his parents and siblings. It is truly a sad and desperate situation.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ETQn9ZPwk

Latest shocking update from the father himself!

Turns out

1. the parents' actions had nothing to do with Witness beliefs or blood whatsoever.
    2. the feeding tube "imminent death" line promulgated by police and media turned out to be bogus.
    3. the parents were acting in what they felt was the best interest of the child by seeking alternate treatment from other respected medical facilities.

The parents were apparently arrested by police a short time ago, and the child was swept back up into the system. Whether the parents will ever see him again is anyone's guess.

P.S. automatically attributing malevolence to a person's actions based on little to no information, is a good way to make yourself look very foolish and bigoted. Some of the posters on this site and several others should be genuinely ashamed of the things they've said.

Also, if you wish to donate to the family's cause, the brother has a PayPal link in the description of the video:

PayPal: [email protected]

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

I just read the update on the CNN website. So incredibly sad. The parents are doing all they can to save their child. They left the hospital as Teary O said, to seek treatment in spain that is not availble where they live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit