I found the Garden of Eden!!

by Crazyguy 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ok Ok I didn’t really find it but I'm pretty sure I know where it is. It’s the same place the Sumerians called a holy land, and a garden of paradise. This place is also where Ninlil goddess of air lived. Its referred to as a Paradise garden in the epic of Gilgamesh. It’s also described in the epic story of Enki and Ninhursag as the site at which the Creation occurred. This place is also where Utnapishtim goes to live as an immortal in another flood story.

The Babylonian Enuma Elish, speaks of the creation site as the place where the mixture of salt water, personified as Tiamat met and mingled with the fresh water of Abzu. This place in Arabic means "the twin waters", where the fresh water of the Arabian aquifer mingles with the salt waters of the Persian Gulf.

And just like in the Genesis account 4 rivers once flowed in to this area, the Euphrates, the Tigris, Karun River and the Wadi al-Rummah. So where is it?

Bahrain Kuwait, which centuries early was called Dilmun at the mouth of the Persian Gulf.

• designs
    designs

Didn't 'Kuwait' come into existence as the Delta grew over centuries. Older maps show the Gulf at Baghdad's gates. The area of modern Kuwait would have been under water thousands of years ago.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They whole area from Bahrain north to the opening to the mouth of the persian gulf on the arabian side was considered Dilmun. Also the city of Ur just north from the persian gulf is still there and has been for 3000 + plus years, so i'm not sure how much the area has changed.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I believe the Garden of Eden story was written during the exile

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was surprised to read Genesis more closely with the aid of a Karen Armstrong book that the location is so detailed. When I was reading Homer, a commentary talked of religion starting at x, and migrating to y. You would think that the country would promote it as a tourist mecca. I've heard that the Jordan River is smaller than the Passaic River. The Mount of Olives is not very striking. My heart has been stuck on being in Bethelhem for Christmas. A friend said there are cheap, flashing neon signs from the church.

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

I wonder if the Tree of Life is still there. Anyone want to mount an expedition?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wanna go find that talking snake !

• James Brown
    James Brown

The flood would have changed the topography of the earth.

Just because a river was mentioned before the flood doesn't mean it is the same river

in the same place after the flood.

They would have used the same name for a different river.

Many places in the United States are named after places in other parts of the world.

But if there was not a world wide flood you could be right.

But if there was not a world wide flood why study the bible?

• Simon
    Simon

Just one of the many, many reasons that we know the 'flood account' is bogus - the writers didn't know about plate tectonics or any of the other things we know about modern science. They think the earth is fixed and all the same mountains and rivers will be all as they were when the flood waters drain away (to where?) so they write the story with that assumption.

Heck, Twilight had a more believable plot.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Look at the older maps pre occupation and one of the rivers is still called by the same name in Genesis. I forget which one. I read a fascinating account 20 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit