White marine beaten by group of black men using Fergusen case as excuse, media won't say 'black men' though.

by EndofMysteries 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

mikado - the reason USA cops have to keep their hands near their guns vs other countries can be easily explained if you view some statistics on how many civilian firearms and crimes are in the USA vs other countries.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Slavery is no excuse.

It's not. I find it disgusting what black people were put through in this country ( US, and other countries), but to be fair, black folks who are alive today are not the ones who were forced into slavery, and not entitled to apologies in my opinion. Whether we notice or not, black folks who live in the United States of America have the BEST opportunites and enjoy the most prosperity on the planet compared to other countries which also have significant black communities.

I'm tired of the same old excuse that "we can't grow because we are kept down". Give me a break! There are people coming into this country from places in Asia and South america, who don't even speak english and arrive here with close to nothing BUT have a plan, and within a couple of years are enjoying great prosperity.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I do not see this as a media double standard, this is an example of two very different situations. The Ferguson case is a case of perceived abuse by the police. It got media attention because the community reacted to what they saw as a needless shooting of an innocent person. This reaction is what caused the media response.

if the white community involved in the other case got together and started protesting, looting and burning, the media would be all over it in a new York minute. Otherwise it's just a tragic crime.

The right wing media is trying to make something out of nothing, don't fall for it.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

With blacks and slavery, it is true that they WERE held back even after slavery was abolished. The jim crow laws, sundown towns, and 'black districts' for housing, which today are generally the ghettos. Up until the civil rights movements of the 60's, they were held back and unable to advance. However the past 1 or 2 generations have had every opportunity to get education, college, and advance. The only thing holding blacks back now are blacks themselves when they go off saying that getting educated is 'being too white'. Those who idolize the 'thug' culture and the culture to no do anything and live for free off whitey. It's a shame how hard the blacks of the civil rights movement era worked to get the opportunity for school, equal rights, college, etc, then their children and childrens children have thrown that away. Also a mystery is why so many don't have fathers? That is probably the only thing that doesn't make any sense.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I don't really see a viable alternative.

Police knowing the law they serve and not being assholes would be a viable alternative. Crazy, right?

• Viviane
    Viviane

However the past 1 or 2 generations have had every opportunity to get education, college, and advance.

You do realize that is completely untrue, right?

• jam
    jam

To be honest, most white Americans see individual blacks acting

badly as somehow reflectitive of their blackness, But when whites

engage in similar, egregiously bad behavior, most of us, black and

white, see individuals acting up and don't attribute such behavior

to race..Why is that?

You may have heard of the two young men in South Pasadena High

that were arrested before they allegedly could carry out the kind of mass

shooting that has become all too common in the U.S.

We don't know the race of these boys, but the chances are they are white,

because the school is predominantly white and Asian and the over whelming

majority of the shooters in these school shootings are white.

• accidentalprometheus
    accidentalprometheus

I will just post this here--sounds like some of you could really use some Diet Racism in your lives! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyin6uipy4

• designs
    designs

EOM- "the only thing holding back blacks now are blacks themselves".....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit