Conversation with 4 elders: A study in smear tactics.

by problemaddict 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

did you come up with point #2 just like that, spur of the moment? I am envious of your quick thinking well done!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

That's so awesome. I'm totally stealing that if ever I have the need.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

@ DD - There was a lot leading up to this. I had maybe 5 previous meetings. They tried to trap me and it didn't work. The final straw and when I really kind of got some cajones, is when I was about to be removed, and they called me to tell me they wanted to meet me before the meeting because "we have a wonderful letter addressed to you from the governing body. Just for you! What a privilege!"

Yes......those are quotes. I can't make this up. I told them right there, that I wasn't going to meet with them. there was no need. I could smell the smoke over the phone. I told him he was the most disengenuous person I have ever dealt with, and have no idea how he served as a travelling overseer EVER. He said "well you are certainly entitled to your opinion".

Hilarious!

@ goUnion - I just came up with it, because I felt like personally offending this guy, who once I considered my friend. He had 3 kids at the time. The point was to be over the top to make a point. I went in there panicked, but I knew I no longer gave a crap, and that I was smarter than them. Once I realized that.....I thoguht they should be afraid of me, not vice versa.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They lied to you and said they had a Letter from the GB?!?!?!

DD

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

When you are removed from serving you are given what is basically a form letter that is supposedly coming from the GB. Its analgous to the donation requests I get from our president.

I am under no pretense that he actually wrote them.

• finally awake
    finally awake

that was fantastic!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thanks man. I had a beer on the way home and let it rip.

Probably bumpin "99 problems" by Jay-Z too.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That was great!! I wish I could go back in time and use that :)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

As a mere "sister" I never could do that. Damn.

• sir82
    sir82

I gotta remember your counsel point #2 - that might come in handy some day.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit