Any Educated Guesses...........??

by sparky1 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

A friend of mine is trying the 'slow fade' like I did. He is a third generation witness and comes from a prominent family in his circuit. His Uncle stepped down as an Elder because he had doubts and could not serve anymore (although for now he remains a witness in good standing). After talking to his Uncle my friend got to doing some deep thinking. I myself did not attend any assembly but he did. I am 59 years old and he is 54 and so we have been around this religion for a long time. He came to me the other day (after having attended the Regional Convention) and said: "Sparky, I can't believe this religion any more. It's not the religion we were taught as kids. Anthony Morris gave a talk at the assembly and said, 'there have been many changes in the Organization in recent years. If you don't like them take it up with the driver of the chariot'. I think that the Governing Body is trying to steamroll over any of the 'old timers' that don't happen to agree with all these revisions in the religion. Then once we are dead and gone they can have their 'new and improved' version of Jehovah's Witnesses."

After thinking about my friends comment I began to reflect back on my old congregation. In 1974, before I went to Bethel, my old congregation had around 65 publishers. 14 members of that original congregation are dead. 18 members of that original congregation have 'turned apostate', disassociated themselves or 'faded away'. ( I may have missed someone but this is all I can recall)

At any rate, my question is: How many publishers do you think are still active or alive from the pre-1975 era?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All the JW Grandparents must be dead by now

Most of the JW Parents from that time would be dead by now..

1 in 3 JW kids leave..

Add in disfellowshipping and people who just walk away..

Add in death from disease or accidents..

Maybe 20%-25%..

...................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Prominent family? What on earth is a prominent family? You mean like the Mafia? Or Cardinals? Military Generals?

Prominent? adjective adjective: prominent 1. important; famous. " she was a prominent member of the city council "

synonyms: important, well known, leading, eminent, pre-eminent, distinguished, notable, noteworthy, noted, public, outstanding, foremost, of mark, illustrious, celebrated, famous, renowned, acclaimed, famed, honoured, esteemed, respected, well thought of, influential, prestigious, big, top, great, chief, main ; major-league

The humility of the witness is simply astounding... Jesus would be so proud of the self-important fantasy titles they and their underlings adorn themselves and each other with as though it means anything in the real world, or any world for that matter.

Prominent = big family of professional window cleaners...

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

My family moved here in 68 and although kh were built and meeting split up, I and one other person who was in her 80s were the only original! Now,I doubt they were all going to different halls! There was about 60 in the close to town hall. Second KH in town. I was shocked.

Anthony Morris must be the one with the most power. He sounds like he just does not care about seniors!

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Looking at my hall and the surrounding ones I would guess that in the U.S about 20 -30 percent were around pre 1975. Most of these were born in baby boomers. most are in there 60s now. I would guess that in other countries the percentage would be much lower. In my area the majority of the current elders would be part of the pre 1975 group.

• sparky1
    sparky1

If you think about it OUTLAW, in 20 to 25 years almost every Witness from the pre-1975 era that knows the "Truth About the Truth" in their hearts will be dead. Me included! Using your percentages I calculate that only 5.4% to 6.8% of active Jehovahs Witnesses today are from the pre-1975 era. That is an easy enough number of people for the Governing Body (Blubbering Body) to intimidate with disfellowshipping to keep their rebranding of this religion going. If they bide their time, everyone will be dead that knows 'where the skeletons are'!

• clarity
    clarity

"Most of the JW Parents from that time would be dead by now.."

Are you serious?

Geez I just pinched myself ....& wadda you know...

still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah don't underestimate

the seniors of today. Yes some are gone & some have

lost their health & their minds........b u t the rest of us

are positively fantastic. Alive and kicking ....never in my

life was my critical thinking better or my BS detector set

so high.

I expose watchtower every chance I get and

I am writing a suspence novel. I am about to buy a

new home, a new dog & a new pair of skinny jeans......

Clarity ...of the DGASC !

• 4thgen
    4thgen

i Sparky, I was going to be a smart A and make a crack about which overlapping generation, but thought better of it. :)

The GB certainly has time on their side. Where are those who saw 1914? 1925? 1935? DEAD. DEAD. Almost DEAD. When they refer back to those who left due to organizational changes, they term it a 'sifting work' or those were 'weak in faith'. Maybe years from now, IF they own up to the falling publisher numbers, they will call us weak as well. But, WHO CARES?????? We know TTATT and can live our lives now in peace and freedom from tyrants.

As for the comment about taking it up with the 'driver of the chariot', well apparently the driver doesn't know where in the world he is going! We had clear directions for years, but when things didn't come true, they took a 180 turn around. From the internet from being evil to God's channel. Jesh!

As for those of us that are pre 1975, since we took to the council to keep our lives simple, no college, IE no real money now to retire...we are not looked upon as having any authority. It's all about power and money now. The aged are not looked at as powerful, and we certainly don't have much money. We will (or are) looked on as 'old school' or has-beens. the term: "Old Fool" comes to mind.

As we aged and learned TTATT, we are certainly wiser. As we speak up, maybe they will listen or maybe not. Either way, our lives are much happier and peaceful.

It's a cult.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I predict that Anthony Morris (The Turd )'s stupidity will come back to bite him in the ass one day soon. Most megalomaniacs sooner or later end up crashing and burning. It won't surprise me in the least if he is arrested in a public men's restroom getting it on with a young male prostitute. We can only hope!!!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Almost all the old-timers that I knew when I was a child in the seventies are gone, and I hate it. I so desperately would love to talk with them about all the changes and the situation in JWdom now; I'd love to know what they would think. These were people who told me that I'd never drive or graduate from high school (graduated almost 40 years ago).

The org will be able to virtually start all over soon with a clean slate. It will have members who know nothing of its history, failed predictions, craziness, lies, hypocrisy, etc. It will have made all the old literature unavailable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit