Good response when you are told " you want to do your own thing".

by jam 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

I was told that, it's a selfish act on your part not to come back.

Well apparently I must be having fun, a good life....

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

"Of course I want to do my own thing! Doesnt everybody? If nobody did their own thing then disfellowshipping wouldnt exist. Every witness would be following the rules at all times. Everyone would be pioneering, serving as elders, not owning homes, not having a 401k, single, childless and poor. But you dont see that do you?

So, yes, I choose to do my own thing just like everyone else. At least I own up to it. I have nothing to hide. Who knows what skeletons you have in your closet?"

This was my response once to that statement.

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

I find it sad when they call people who choose not to return that they are selfish.

I think they're forgetting that its YOUR life, not theirs. I wonder how they're going to turn on me when I leave, the bombing will have a permanent ceasefire.

• jam
    jam

Theredeemer: good answer

Yondaime: Hopefully we can prepare you for that day when

it comes, with good response....

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I still get the oddest statements from witnesses. Just Sat an old family friend told me "Please, come home." I asked "Huh?" because she caught me off gaurd. She said "to Jehovah". It pisses me off because it was at my aunts anniversary party, which was at a restaurant. My aunt purposefully invited just "worldly" people because she didnt want any one to judge her for having a bunch of worldly friends. This lady was the only witness invited. I didnt respond because it wasnt the time or the place. Also, this lady is like family. The next time she tells me something Im going to kindly respond by saying " I have been both a die hard servant of Jehovah and now Im an Atheist living my life. I have never in my whole life been happier than I am right now. I have never been this sure of what I want for my life and my future. I no longer have an irrational fear for the future or guilt for my past. This is my home. It may not be your home but it is mine. Please dont ask me to leave my home for yours. You would be asking me to trade everything I love and have, everything I have worked hard for and enjoy for a home I ran away from already."

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If choosing to live without the shackles of emotional and spiritual bondage is "doing my own thing" then yeah.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It is everyone's right and duty to live their life as they see fit. Your relatives are doing the same, you wouldn't dream of telling them they must follow your path, and if they don't it's because they selfishly want to "do their own thing".

Jehovah's Witnesses are so blind to the fact that other people can leave, not because of the restrictions on them as JWs, but because they think its the right thing to do.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Nah, people who ruin their child's life by not providing for their own emotional needs just because they wanna go to paradise that doesn't exist are the selfish ones.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good response when you are told " you want to do your own thing".

Aaaaahhhhhhh..An attempt to be hip..

What thing would that be?!..

No longer providing free labour for a Multi-Billion Dollar WBT$ Real Estate Business,diguised as a religion?!..

.......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Comatose
    Comatose

I say, "Religion is a snare and a racket."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit