The Mahabharata (Ancient Hindu Scripture) and The Book of Enoch

by objectivetruth 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

It's really fascinating to discover the similarities in ancient texts, in another thread howthebiblewascreated pointed out Similarities in the epic of Gilgamesh and Genesis 8..

As a Naive JW, I feared, and viewed Hinduism as a PolyTheistic religion that essentially worshipped Demons.. To my relative Surprise, Hinduism actually started off as a form Monotheism, viewing Brahman as The Creater and God of the Universe. As Judaism transitioned from a strict monotheistic religion to what is now called Christianity, simply claiming that God manifests himself as multiple gods, Hinduism now does the same. In any case I'm very naive as to the beliefs of Hinduism, so I won't discuss that any more.

Comparing two Ancient Texts : The Book of Enoch & Mahabharata a crazy narrative is found..

87.2 And I raised my eyes again to Heaven, and saw in the vision, and behold, there came from Heaven beings that were like white men. And four came from that place, and three others with them.
    87.3 And those three, who came out last, took hold of me by my hand and raised me from the generations of the Earth, and lifted me up onto a high place, and showed me a tower high above the earth, and all the hills were lower.

87.4 And one said to me: “Remain here until you have seen everything which is coming upon these elephants, and camels, and asses, and upon the stars, and upon all the bulls.” (Enoch Refers to Nephilim as Elephants,Camels & Asses - The Stars are Fallen Angels - The Bulls are Men)

88.1 And I saw one of those four who had come out first (The 4 mentioned are 4 archangels including Gabriel & Michael) , how he took hold of that first star, which had fallen from Heaven, and bound it by its hands and feet, and threw it into an abyss. And that abyss was narrow, and deep, and horrible, and dark.

- This is also mentioned at Jude:6 "And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling--these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day." -

Now The Interesting Verse :

88.2 And one of them drew his sword, and gave it to those elephants, camels, and asses; and they began to strike one another, and the whole Earth shook because of them.

From The Mahabharata :

“Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana hurled a single projectile charged with the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with all its splendor. It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.”

Enoch mentions a "Sword" giving to the Nephelim by an archangel, this "sword" shook the entire earth.. Clearly this was much more then a sword..

The Mahabharata was written over 5,000 years ago, with this in mind consider these statements..

Flying a swift Vimana = Some sort of Flying Vessel

Hurled a projectile = some sort of Missile

with the Power of the Universe = Atom Bomb? / column of flame as bright as 10,000 suns = explosion of a nuclear missile.

How could these types of things even be Imagined 5,000 years ago? Until Newton proposed the Law of Universal Gravitation, humans had no concept of Gravity, they simply thought that "God held things together" - In my view it is highly unlikely that someone 5,000 years ago could simply make up Flying Vesseles and Nuclear Missilles...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is a long stretch. I read the Hindu book in college Oriental Civilization. No mention of flying missiles. I believe Karen Armstrong wrote a book about the Axial religions parallels.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Look, more missiles and flying ships!

Ps. 77:17, 18: " The clouds poured down water, the heavens resounded with thunder; your arrows flashed back and forth. Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind, your lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked."

Ps. 68:33: "to him who rides across the highest heavens, the ancient heavens, who thunders with mighty voice."

Ps. 104:3: "He lays the beams of his chambers on the waters; he makes the clouds his chariot; he rides on the wings of the wind"

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

LOL good point apohnophos Who Knows......

• Pinku
    Pinku

objectivetruth

Good observation!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

These flying missiles and the flying machines etc are imo reminiscent to Baal the god of thunder. There is also an older gods of thunder and lighting in the sumerian pantheon that Baal actually copied from. One was named Teshub from the culture of Hurrian, another older one was Taru from Hattian and an even older ones from other Sumerian cities. All the same god but with just different names depending on the city you were in. Marduk also get this power so does Yahweh. You'll also notice the similarities between christ and krishna, these similarities are probably more striking than any other god to Jesus.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Interesting crazy, I'll look at Krishna.

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit