Did anyone else feel the Nor Cal earthquake?

by LisaRose 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I got woken up by a very strong quake at 3:30 this morning. It was 6.0 centered about ten miles from my house, up in Napa, Ca. We had no damage, but it definitely gets you it of bed! Lots of broken glass for those closer, some fires and broken gas lines as well. It was felt all over the San Francisco area.

I bet there will be a full house at the Kingdom Hall today, nothing like an earthquake to remind everyone that we are all living in the last days, lol.

• losingit
    losingit

Haha my friend who lives in Cali in the Napa area slept right through it LOL

Herhusband, who is a firefighter, had to wake her up and let her know he had to go to the station on case they were called for a fire.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Wow, I don't know how anyone could sleep through that, it lasted for quite a while.

Correction: Some reports are saying 6.1. There are also reports of multiple houses burning, and others damaged.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Watching local news now, Napa is a mess. Injuries too.

Checked in with The Family. All OK.

Downtown's oldest buiding ,1870 I think, has alot of damage, other historical buildings have sever damage too.

• clarity
    clarity

OMG.........Alarmageddon is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahhahaahahhhaahaahh ..great to be OUT!

• eva luna
    eva luna

LOL clarity

When I was about 7, we had one . I was in bed and thought saten was moving my bed around

Scared the crap out of me for weeks. Slept with the lights on and a green bible under pillow.

I finally told my mom what saten did, and she let me know we had an earthquake that night.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html?/video/us/2014/08/24/newday-vo-california-earthquake-nanny-cam.cnn&hpt=hp_t1&from_homepage=yes&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

This is from CNN, a video from the town we live in. Nothing dramatic, we did not get hit as much as Napa, but I guess someone had their security camera on, so it's kind of interesting. It's so disorienting, it takes a while before you realize what was happening. It seemed to go on quite a while. Not a good way to wake up.

There are reports of 87 injuries, three of them serious. Lots of property damage and power outages and in Napa.

We had just been discussing buying emergency meals and doing a bit more disaster preparedness, so it's a good reminder. I had already used museum wax to keep my Roseville and other art pottery safe, so glad I did.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

LisaRose, glad you're safe!

Marina

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

We live about 40 miles west of Napa and we felt the quake. At first we thought a large animal had jumped on the roof as the noise woke us up. Fortunately there was no damage.

My wife's family in San Francisco also felt the quake.

• designs
    designs

We are in So Cal, missed it, didn't even feel the Yucca Valley earthquake today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit