Hey you guys...is someone at Bethel having a laugh?

by wizzstick 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Has anyone else noticed the below?

The mountain on the front cover of 'God Kingdom Rules' segues beautifully into the mountain on the front cover of 'Crisis of Conscience' (with a bit of cropping):

Coincidence?

• besty
    besty

reading one is all uphill and the only way is down after reading the other?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Tell you what Besty, having thumbed through the in-laws copy this afternoon, CoC is a bigger book by far.

(And more honest).

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Thanks, wizzstick!

• SAHS
    SAHS

Hmm. Must be them deeemunz.

• steve2
    steve2

Apart from broad sense of mountainous grandeur, it might be a bit of a stretch to see similarities. BTW, the title font and size on their new book are kind of limp. I recall the days when their book titles were big and bold.

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

The new publications make me very sad. Cheap bendable covers, bland pictures, simplified writing. Where are those meaty hardcovers from yesteryear?

It's just not the same.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Interesting theory.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

God's kingdom rules but satan is the ruler of this world? What should we take from those two seemingly conflicting statements?

And if in 1919 Jesus BECAME the king, who was running the show before then?

I wish the JWs would ever stop by for a conversation! So far all we get are invitations to the memorial and the JW.org brochure. No time to talk! Takes all the fun out of it!

• steve2
    steve2

I was lucky enough to be among the last generation that enjoyed the meaty Watchtower publications of yesteryear. Biased history and religiously purple prose aside, the "Babylon the Great Has Fallen!" book from the 1960s captured my attention like few books had ever done before or since. It was several hundred pages long and, as an 8-year-old, I buried myself in my bedroom for long, long hours absorbing its captivating account of the march of history.

Those days are truly gone. The simplistic prose that currently passes for the "deeper" things of God's word is an embarrassment to anyone who has more than a few active brain cells.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit