How would you summarize the basic message of the Watchtower versus the Bible?

by Fernando 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think the watchtower was announcing Jehovah's kingdom

• JeffT
    JeffT

Bible: God knows you're imperfect and loves you anyway, he will help you try to be better.

Watchtower: We're the same as God, we don't like you, don't think you can be good and have to have one of us holding the other end of your leash. You're probably going to die anyway.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Gospel as presented by the WTS. is not the Gospel presented in the bible.

The WTS. proclaimed it has already started since 1914.

It obviously didn't but the WTS. sold a lot of literature from out that proclamation.

They kicked out many who didn't agree or accept that pronouncement too.

I guess they just want anyone messing with the marketing.

• cofty
    cofty

God knows you're imperfect

What does imperfect mean in this context?

What would perfect look like?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is difficult for me. I associate the WTwith terror. Humans are no good. Destruction will come regardless of what you do. God is adversarial. The Bible is too large and the books too diverse to have a single them. The theme of the New Testament is the good news of Jesus who became the Christ. If you omit Revelation, the books are comforting. God is fully human, fully God.

I never read the Bible until I was twenty. All the jumping around the WT does.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Fernando, you study the Bible more than the majority of the last few Kingdom Halls I attended, most of the Elders did not pour themselves in to God's Word, they were parrots who could not synthesize the Watchtower's lesson with the few Scriptures tossed our way. Do you think they are discontinuing the use of the Bible?

Jehovah's Witness version "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated interpreted correctly; we also believe the Watchtower to be the word of Jehovah".

"Mormon Version "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God."

So says the 8th Article of Faith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But what does this mean? Why do Latter-day Saints understand the 8th Article in so many different ways? Below we will examine this topic, and hopefully direct the reader to a proper understanding of the authority, inspiration, and accuracy of the Word of God, the Bible."

http://www.truediscipleship.com/Gtopics/general254.htm

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Fink- you not only don't KNOW what the Good News of today is- but don't even believe the older news which Churchianity teaches.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"LISTEN, OBEY and be BLESSED*" (*"now, by blessed, we the GB mean 'not punished'. That is your blessing")

They dont even try to disguise this anymore!... Its the very title of a song in the latest songbook, and is drummed into the little ones too!

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

The Bible :God became man so that man might become Godly by practicing unconditional love.

The Watchtower: God is a harsh father whose love is conditional, so you better meet all his conditions without question, which obviously carries over into how JW parents raise their kids.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Watchtower: Follow us. God is Broke, so show up again next week so you can donate.

Bible: Follow Jesus. Follow God. Don't follow Watchtower (men).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit