How the organization's bad advice messes up young people

by kneehighmiah 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OneEyedJoe - "So obviously the ideal young person is a financially destitue, single virgin with no life experience who spends all their time going to people's houses to tell them how they can be happy."

Keep 'em ignorant and dependent.

Textbook case of what happens when standards are dictated by ideology rather than practicality.

Data-Dog - "Young JWs are trapped in dysfunctional cycles."

Correction; young JWs were trapped in dysfunctional cycles.

I've lost count of how many "young-people-are-leaving-in-droves" stories we've heard here over the years.

If I had to guess, I'd say that even if they're not able to consciously deconstruct all that's wrong with the WTS, they still come to grasp it intuitively.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jam - "Young very nice couple, both DF because they ran away to get married."

DFed for getting married? WTF?

Unless they slept together before eloping, I don't see how they committed any DFing offense.

• jam
    jam

Vidiot: I think you are right, I think it came out that they

did sleep together. I have CRS, (Can't Remember Sh---t)....

• SAHS
    SAHS

There always has to be some carrot on a stick in front of the donkey sheep, whether it’s marriage, sex, financial security, the end of the world, or something. That is just the way the WTS works. Keep people continually striving for something on the end of that stick.

When you think of it, a submissive donkey sheep walking in a circle with a carrot dangling in front of it is a perfect picture of submission. And, of course, isn’t that the way these religions cults work – mindless control?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

To tack on to one eyed Joes comment......while you then fullfill the GB's loving expectations fo you being a 30 year old virgin with no retirement and a crap job, you also cannot go home and play video games (I hear 30 year old virgins like those......a lot), get high, drink to your lonleyness, strike out on the town for a movie unless its PG, and you will still be considered WEIRD by the local hall.

If you happen to be an elder at this point in your life, you may have a chance with the buxom 1 female in the entire circuit worth talking to...but wait!!! There are 17 other guys just like you!

Oh praise be to Jehovahs wisdom in making you so unhappy.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The choices are either screw the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger by working on boasting session nights and using the money you would have placed into the Worldwide Damnation Fund to buy silver and gold, or grow old and die celibate waiting. You are supposed to be celibate until you are "financially ready". Yet, each time you do anything toward that end, you are hounded. Donate more to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. Cut back on your work and pious-sneer. Do not spend "large blocks of time" (whatever that means, like the 15 minutes it takes to head to the coin shop and buy as much as a silver quarter) on investments. And what you are doing while pious-sneering is far from worthwhile.

That whole organization deserves to go bust. I suggest that everyone discontinue attending functions. Do not donate anything to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. If you pledged anything, refuse to fulfill your pledge. Instead, place the money you would have wasted on that crap into a jar or plate, and at the end of the month, head to your coin shop or deposit it into a bank and use it to buy silver and gold online. You keep the silver and gold. Then, when the dollar becomes toilet paper, you take out your stash and reflect on that the washtowel is not getting any of it. Chances are good that they will be desperate for silver and gold at that point, and that is one stack they are not getting. And given the amount they are asking, you could end up with a surprisingly big stack for the short amount of time left.

Bonus: The silver and gold will be worth their fair value when the dollar collapses. It is way undervalued today. This could be what makes you financially secure, and able to take on a family while those jokehovians that obeyed are still strapped for funds, and celibate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit